Finally, annual meet Dallas update!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Stern

Reaction score
Here's what I know about the ST meet, as well as some requests for assitance:

The new Sport Trac will be unveiled at the 2005 Texas State Fair.

Ford will host us, at the fair, on Friday, September 30th. They are working on an agenda for that day. Details to follow when I have them.

We'll do our usual Saturday meet on October 1st, probably not at the fair, but somewhere in the vacinity at a venue that is suitable for a small automotive group-type gathering, similar to what we've done at Hubers the last two years.

Here's where I need some help, particlarly from you "Big D" area folks:

1. Need suggestions for a Saturday venue. A good quality public park with pavillions would be suitable, as would any catered/party/group type venue. Key issues are adquate parking, shelter in case of inclement weather, and facilities for catering, either by the venue (preferred), or by someone we hire from outside the venue. I don't know what attendance will be, so I am going with 50 to 100 vehicles, and 100 to 200 people, as an initial estimate.

2. Hotel. Because of the state fair attendance, hotels close to the fair will probably be booked and/or expensive. Something a bit distant from the fair (15-25 miles) but close to whatever venue we choose for Saturday would be good. We can have our convoy to the fair on Friday. Ideally, we're looking for a clean, moderately priced hotel with good parking and highway access. A swimming pool, proximity to other attractions (Dallas and the surrounding area), etc., are all bonuses.

Once again, registration will be via online form; I will have that up as soon as we nail down agenda and pricing. However, since I can no longer process credit cards, registrants will have to mail check or money order with registration info.

I need volunteer coordinators for the following (any expenses will be covered out of the registration fees):

- Name badges

- Registration packets

- Maps

- Contests, prizes and giveaways

- Convoy organizer

Please do not volunteer unless you are 110% certain you will be attending the meet.

I don't have any more info than what I just explained. I should have more by late next week. Post your questions, concerns, thoughts, horoscopes, etc., here.

Edit: Added link to Texas State Fair site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aquarius: Still trying to convince yourself that the person you're enamored with may actually feel the same? There's only one way for someone as logical as you to put an end to this. Ask them. :D

OOOOO!, I cant beleive they are gonna reviel it at the Fair, they usually dont have much up there when I go.. Im glad the meet is in Dallas this year, cant wait! :D

Now I have the urge to go! I think I hit the nail on the head when I said the new ST will be launched/introduced in Dallas when Rich announced the move there for the annual meet. :rolleyes: Though I was thinking for it to be at the speedway. Will get ready for the long haul, San Diego to Dallas, anyone for convoy from SoCal? That is if all is well in the homefront.

OK I'm leaving from Kingman in the PM probably by 3pm or 330 pm AZ time on Sept 29,

booking hotel in Dallas somewhere... there is gonna be major traffic I am sure! :)

Can somebody send me a link to hotels close to the Fair grounds or at least easy access to get to? :)

never mind found what I was looking for :)

I will not leave Dallas until after the actual Meet on Oct 1. no problem Houston is only like 4 hrs away :)

Just come to the AZ meet Jack you only have to wait around for like 25 days or so LOL J/K :)

Hmmm, 11hour drive for me. If I leave at like 3:00 Friday morning, I can make it by Friday afternoon. Leave early Sunday morning and make it home in time for Family Guy. Now I just need to save $300 for gas money, and another few hundred for a hotel...

Thankfully im only 30 mins. away, and I get a free ticket from a School District... save me some money to put in mods before the meet :D

cant wait!

Hmmm, 11hour drive for me. If I leave at like 3:00 Friday morning, I can make it by Friday afternoon. Leave early Sunday morning and make it home in time for Family Guy. Now I just need to save $300 for gas money, and another few hundred for a hotel...

Yeah Jeff can't miss that Family Guy! I'm still up in the air about this trip.. I want to go but its a long drive. I have to see whats going on that weekend.

2. Hotel. Because of the state fair attendance, hotels close to the fair will probably be booked and/or expensive. Something a bit distant from the fair (15-25 miles) but close to whatever venue we choose for Saturday would be good.

You wouldn't want a hotel near the Fair even if rooms were available. The State Fair is not held in a good part of town. You don't want to be "hangin' out" around there after dark.

There should be plenty of hotel rooms available in the Dallas/Fort Worth area for under $70/night even during the Fair. And even more in the $70-$100/night range. Check out Fort Worth for the best deals.

Lucky it's Oct. 1. If it had been the 8th you would have more trouble with rooms as that's the OU-Texas football weekend.

Latest posts