Finally, annual meet Dallas update!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom,

Don't feel bad for me about the OKC meet. I felt bad for the two folks that came expecting to meet a bunch of other members. They drove from Joplin, MO and Wichita, KS. After that long drive, I could tell they were disappointed. We still had fun though, and I showed them the best parts of OKC for their trouble. In the end, I think they had a great time. :D

I've already spoken to one member that, I know for a fact, puts on a helluva meet and due to his last turn-out won't be doing it any more. I also know of another meet where the person who put it on, was acting like an adolescent, and being an ass. The national meets are incredibly stressful on Rich and probably somewhat stressful on anyone else that helps out. I believe Rich already stated that for the next national meet he will not be taking on the brunt of the work, and I don't blame him.

Having organized two of them, Spiff, I know the feeling. I've had the low end of the turnout (last year) and the high end (this year). In both cases, though, I can honestly say that the folks that arrived were as nice as anyone you'd ever want to meet. I am doubtful, though, that I will do it again next year. It's nothing personal with the folks that arrived; I just want to take the backseat role. Unless, of course, I help others in the planning of some Louisville-like run. I'd probably give one of those my all.

Hence, you always have to treat the current one as the last one, at least, that's how I've always approached it.

Rub salt in the wounds, eh? :p If I could be there, I would. It's just not possible this year, and I'll be one jealous Trac-er. Honestly, if you're going (everyone), take the advice above - meet everyone and anyone.

Mr Stern, I sent you a reply to your last email. :)

:lol: @Mike!

I can understand Adam, we know you would come if you could. For me, I thought about the school issue regarding my daughter being in her SR yr, She is bringing school work with her. However, her main goal for the trip is to see the family in Tx. My main goal is to meet everyone and see that Trac at the fair :) As for meets I've helped coordinate 2 myself and possibley a 3rd coming soon :) It is a lot of work especially a large meet. Almost like a full time job. The ONLY pay off for me as an organizer is when people actually show. People just don't know what they are missing out on! Meets are a ton of Fun!

If anyone sees this that have never been to any ST meet. When you hear of one close to you, You should go! I have never heard of one person not having a good time at any ST meet!

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, this sounds like fun. I was one of those that signed up for OKC, but due to my son moving from a dorm room to an apt in Austin. He goes to UT, I just couldn't do it. My bad, I should have posted. But this nat"l thing shoulds great. Any new word on how and where to sign up or help out or whatever. I live in fort worth, about 50 miles or more away (depending on what highway and when you leave (you dfw people know how friendly and nice people can be on our hiways) (grin)). :rolleyes

Any help appreciated department, I have one of competetion orange adrendlins. I was wondering if anyone has seen any more of these. I just haven't seen one. I know they made 1200 or so and then quit, but past that I do not know. Any ideas?:unsure:

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
i mAY COME AND BRING THE TROPHY for longest traveled, that I won last year, althou i will be driving my new car, i will haveta bring pitures of the wrecked ST....

Forever a ST fan

CP

Seattle to Dallas would that be the longest traveled. Ok, I'm seriously thinking about going probably a 3.5 day trip? I'd meet up with anyone in Nor Cal if they want to caravan as I have to go right through there on route.

Thanks,

SST

Latest posts