Finally, annual meet Dallas update!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ohh well....

I am not making this trip...... Hope all of you have a good time...

Maybe there will be a livvle 06?????

Todd Z

I agree with Eric P, that the area around Fair Park is not the best place to look for hotels or any place to stay and hang out! Most of the decent hotels etc are located west or north of Dallas, near DFW airport to the west in the Irving, Arlington, Grand Prarie etc, and Grapevine, Farmers Branch, Plano, etc to the north.

Traffic in and out of Dallas will be terrible on Friday, no matter where you stay, but the Irving, Arlington, Grand Prarie has plenty of resturants, hotels, shopping, etc. There is also a Six Flags in Arlington.

Since it will be football season, the Cowboys may be at the Valley Ranch (Just north of the airport)., or may be playing at Irving Statium on Sunday (for those who can stay that long) I don't know if they will be there practicing on Saturday, and I don't know if it's available for gatherings, but it might be a possible location for our meet? I think Grand Praire has a Rippley's "Believe it or Not" museum there.

...Rich

Well, I guess I will pass on the event this year. I had originally planned on attending this year and was looking forward to the Louisville location.

But, I been to the Dallas area many times (the most recent being last May), and even tho the drive from SoCal to Dallas would be shorter, I don't feel the unveiling of the new Trac is enough incentive to me to bother with it. Especially if I have to put up with the throngs of people at the state fair to do so.

I now have to decide if I want to drive to Kingman, AZ in August. My work schedule will probably dictate if I can go to Arizona. I was in Las Vegas last weekend and need to recover from my contributions to the Vegas economy. BTW, I sure saw a lot ot ST's in Vegas, but I was driving a rental cart.

;)

To add to what Rich L. said, you can find a whole string of good hotels/motels if you go north on 75 from Fair Park out of Dallas - starting in Richardson, then on into Plano.

Uncle_Bob, We would love to meet you at the AZ meet!

I'm going to the Dallas meet for a few reasons, Mostly b/c it's the National meet and it's closer than Lville "bonus point*

Also to meet many that I talk to on this site! And ...also I have family in Tx.

oh and I really really want to see the 07 ST and get a group picture in front of it! :)

Latest posts