First ST 2007 Limited

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scarlett

2007 LTD
Reaction score
Scarlett.jpg

She is a 4.6 4x4 Limited loaded except Nav 195K on Her
Bought Her to replace my 1998 Ranger SC that was stolen in January 2021
Ranger was a plain jane 2wd 4.0 auto

Going to add a new audio unit to her was looking at the Pioneer DMH4660NEX
Any thoughts?
I have the Pioneer 4200NEX and am satisfied. If you don't have a subwoofer, get one as it will make a HUGE difference in overall sound. Be sure to get the Maestro interface unit so you can use your steering wheel controls to operate the head unit and while you're at it add a camera. My 08 Limited is now modernized. Enjoy it immensely.

I have the Pioneer 4200NEX and am satisfied. If you don't have a subwoofer, get one as it will make a HUGE difference in overall sound. Be sure to get the Maestro interface unit so you can use your steering wheel controls to operate the head unit and while you're at it add a camera. My 08 Limited is now modernized. Enjoy it immensely.
Can you tell us more about the camera? Is it forward or rear facing or both? Make and model, and any installation issues. I've got a 2010 Limited I'd like to add a camera too.

I replaced my factory system with an 7 inch Android Touch Screen. DVD/CD GPS, Bluetooth, WiFi and any other app you want to download. Will play almost any music file from USB. Steering wheel control compatible. Came with inputs for both forward and rear cameras. Also bought plug and play wiring harness so I wouldn't have to cut any wires. This will disable the factory Sync, but I don't need it now. Pretty sure I got everything off Amazon. Able to set background lights to desired color to match existing dash lights. I only installed the rear camera using an aftermarket Ford tailgate latch which fits several model F150's as well. Had it a couple years and much improved over factory system.

Attachments

• IMG_E3644.JPG
    IMG_E3644.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_E3643.JPG
    IMG_E3643.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_E3642.JPG
    IMG_E3642.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_E3640.JPG
    IMG_E3640.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_E3639.JPG
    IMG_E3639.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_E3638.JPG
    IMG_E3638.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_2880.JPG
    IMG_2880.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 134
Nice Trac! I just installed a Boss Audio 6.2" BVB9364RC. @jetmech do you have a link or any info on where I could get that door handle cam from? The cam from my radio isn't gonna work for me since there isn't any practical place to put the camera. Your double din and cam looks dope bro!

Nice Trac! I just installed a Boss Audio 6.2" BVB9364RC. @jetmech do you have a link or any info on where I could get that door handle cam from? The cam from my radio isn't gonna work for me since there isn't any practical place to put the camera. Your double din and cam looks dope bro!
Hey there, Z. Sounds like you've got a nice set-up. Here's the link from Amazon. This handle is the textured black if that's what you want. I wanted to paint mine, so found one that was smooth. What a difference the camera makes when hooking up a trailer. Really nice on the big screen.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B8DUYS...colid=39WVR29PQELDA&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1

Can you tell us more about the camera? Is it forward or rear facing or both? Make and model, and any installation issues. I've got a 2010 Limited I'd like to add a camera too.
There are a variety of cameras available from as little as $16 upwards to over $200. Best advice is to ensure the lens is glass and not plastic as plastic will fog. I've had good luck with both inexpensive and expensive but my glass lens one is best and I don't remember the names of either. The head unit will accommodate both front and rear or either. Also, running the wire from the head unit to the rear can be a bit challenging: ensure the wire will reach from the head unit to the rear as both of mine were BARELY long enough. I ran the wire through the door sills out the vent in the rear of the cab under/through the chasis being careful not to have the wires rub against the exhaust or the suspension. Last item, BE ABSOLUTELY SURE that your connections in the rear are waterproofed as time and corrosion will take hold. Now, where did I attach it to the rear? I bought a small aluminum angle metal (like angle iron as we know it) and placed and attached it to the upper license plate screws and attached the camera to the angle strip and it is out of the way of the tailgate. Hope the highlights of my install are helpful to you.

Richard does that model have Nav?
Pioneer 4200NEX. It is now 4yrs old. It has excellent capabilities for its age rivaling many of the new car OEM installations. It can accommodate both Apple and Android either bluetooth or USB as well as SIRIUS, Whatsup, Hangouts, and several others. I am sure the newer models are even better. I don't have NAV on this model as I use my Android and probably the least likeable feature because I am stuck on one color for the screen. My other Pioneer had NAV and it was excellent. It was the higher end unit and it was a NEX also.

There are a variety of cameras available from as little as $16 upwards to over $200. Best advice is to ensure the lens is glass and not plastic as plastic will fog. I've had good luck with both inexpensive and expensive but my glass lens one is best and I don't remember the names of either. The head unit will accommodate both front and rear or either. Also, running the wire from the head unit to the rear can be a bit challenging: ensure the wire will reach from the head unit to the rear as both of mine were BARELY long enough. I ran the wire through the door sills out the vent in the rear of the cab under/through the chasis being careful not to have the wires rub against the exhaust or the suspension. Last item, BE ABSOLUTELY SURE that your connections in the rear are waterproofed as time and corrosion will take hold. Now, where did I attach it to the rear? I bought a small aluminum angle metal (like angle iron as we know it) and placed and attached it to the upper license plate screws and attached the camera to the angle strip and it is out of the way of the tailgate. Hope the highlights of my install are helpful to you.
The camera is a Kenwood CMOS 210.

Welcome, Enjoy

Scarlett needs new plugs.
Autolite or Motorcraft?
Any suggestions?
Should I do the boots at the same time?
If so aftermarket or OEM?

Last edited:
Unfortunately 2007 and 2008 had spark plugs that were known for snapping off in the engine. They were crappy two piece design. You should watch YouTube videos on how to change them and tricks that are out there and potentially buy the tool to remove the broken plug. I would also then highly recommend purchasing the one piece plug and replacing it with that.

Attachments

• 92A86BEA-C937-4596-9675-D6381EACC2AE.jpeg
    92A86BEA-C937-4596-9675-D6381EACC2AE.jpeg
    121.9 KB · Views: 91