folding bed extender

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phill R

Reaction score
I always liked the extender but rarely have it in the bed because of the room it consumes. Then, I found these and have been debating along time about ordering. Today, I noticed 99c shipping so I decided to get one in black. One of my suggestions to Ford at the first and second meets was something like this that doesn't waste space when not being used.

I'll update with pic's when it comes in and let you know.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
That's nice but I like the OEM extender just fine. It has served nicely as a divider when in the stored position.

Can that one be used as a divider like the OEM extender when the tailgate is not open? Now if someone could make one like that, then it would be a perfect compromise.

I got the bed extender today and proceded to install it. It took a couple of hours but wasn't hard to do. I took my time because I wanted to make sure that I laid it out properly. I had a small issue with the plastic on the inside of the tailgate mostly because of the bolt length.

As far as using it as a bed divider, if I turn it around and open it, I could place it in the bed that way.

It's too dark to take pictures now so I'll try tomorrow.