Follow up on Horn and Cruise control dont work

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary L

Reaction score
Well ,after replacing my horn relay and fuses myself and checking the plug under the steering wheel, i 've decided to take it to the Ford stealership.

well after they kept it all day yesterday... this morning they claim that my horn need to replace and that it was shorting out the Circuit, and it would cost 199.00 to fix it

Star, easy enough to test...

Unplug the horn, have some one push the horn button while you test for voltage at the plug.

Other option, if Ford is correct, one the horn is unplugged the cruise should work. Sounds kind of fishy to me. I have seen many horns fail through the years. If it shorts, then it should pop a fuse....

I do agree coastijoe i think u are 100% right. i'd think so but i knew when my Alarm went off After that the horn stop working

I 've had a similar problem with my 02.

The cruise control light flashes sometimes.

Then when I turn the cruise on it does not work, If I blow the horn it comes on.

I was thinking the Clock spring is on its way out. I had the same problem with my 96 Ranger.

Good luck.

Jim

I figured that's what it would be, having worked on alarms and such for 23 years... I like to test the component to ensure it is good before chasing into wiring (considering the wiring I work on could be over 500' long)

Glad they found it, sorry it's going to cost so much.

Latest posts