?? for Rodger (& Georgia)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoriMaury Kimbrough

Reaction score
I seem to remember that, shortly after the meet last year in Kingman, you added a chip or tuner or whatever it's called to your truck. Am I remembering it right or is my age causing me to make up memories again? :huh:

If you did, can you tell me what it's programmed for and what difference you've seen. I singled you out because of your manual tranny.

I think that I've just about added all of the 'bling' types mods that I want and now that we are about to the end of the extended warranty, we are looking at performace mods. This is one that we're considering but I'm not sure how much benefit we'll see considering the manual tranny. I think our first performance mod will be dual exhaust.

Don't forget to ask him about the modified throttle body also..... ;)

Shameless plug....... I know.....:D

Todd Z

Big difference adding the SCT XCalibrator II. We got the tune for better mpg & towing. Haven't used the towing tune yet. Don't forget to put Royal Purple in your engine, tranny & Differential. Should have done the diff. sooner; like 2 yrs. ago when we did the engine & tranny. We've also put in a cold air intake (Airaid), and a Flowmaster 70 Big Block muffler single-in/duel-out with smaller tail pipes so as to not pull the exhaust out of the cylinder to quickly as to not burn them. I am thinking of putting on stainless steel tips, but not sure what size to go with though.

Yes, Todd Z you have a shameless plug for the re-worked throttle body. We actually got increased gas milage with it, as well as better performance. Yes, I am keeping my foot off the front bumper. :lol:

We actually got around 21 mpg combined city/hwy which includes a trip over the hill to Lake Tahoe's South Shore last week end. Put just over 16 gal. in with 358 miles on the trip meter.

Plus the e-fan is now working great thanks to Paul Arket who reworked some of the wiring. :D

That sounds like exactly what we need. Better mileage always a plus and some assistance with towing would be awsome as well.

We went all synthetic at 12,000 and have kept that up. It's not Royal Puple but it is Mobile 1 so we should be good to go. Dual exhaust is on the list as well, we've just got to find someone that is willing to do it and that we are willing to allow to touch our truck. That won't be an easy task in our area.

Thanks for the info guys...

You could find a reference for someone up in Las Vegas to do the exhaust, or contact Nasty Nate who was at the Kingman meet last Aug. for a reference in the L.A. area which would be a bit of a drive; but you could take the boat & make a weekend out of it. Remember to change the gear oil in the differential if you ever get it submerged, that is stated in the owners manual too. Flex-A-Lite (e-fan) does not recommend putting one on if you do a lot of towing. :D