Ford Edge website up

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlipTrac_511

Reaction score
This is not a comparison but I thought this was the best category to post it in. Anyhow, Ford updated its website for the Edge. Check it out:

I'd gp for the Mazda CX-7. I know it is basically the same vehicle, but the base price is slightly lower and it will hold it's resale value better. Additionally, Mazda gets better performance with their better engines and suspension packages.

<embed style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-864596027222016742&hl=en" flashvars=""> </embed>

B9 any day.

CX7 any day.

Murano? Eh, I'd rather have the FX. Muranos are great, but I prefer the styling of the FX, not to mention the option of a V8.

In order to build a successful mid-size car based SUV, first you must build a successful mid-size car.

And A3 over them all. I'd love to have a A3 3.0 S-Line, or better yet, an actual S3. May be crap after 50,000 miles, so you get rid of it and leave the troubles to the next poor soul.

In order to build a successful mid-size car based SUV, first you must build a successful mid-size car.

The Fusion/Milan has been very successful. Rated right on par with the Camry and Accord.

Personally, I think the CUV's are stupid. I think the Edge looks like ass, but I feel it will be extremely successful and if Ford does it right, they will build the hell out of them to keep up with demand. One article I read said Ford will be profiting about $4,500.00 for each vehicle they sell.

Tom

That's before the $5,000 rebates, right?

Don't expect many rebates in the future. Ford relied on the rebates to sell vehicles because, of their infinite wisdom, they sold vehicles people didn't want. Sell vehicles people want and you don't need rebates. People don't buy vehicle on reliability numbers only. VW and Nissan sales prove that. Most people buy because of looks and, to a lesser extent, performance.

Lets look at your car, Nelson. You drive a Mazda3. Looks awesome. Sweet looking car, but you would not even consider a Focus. My brother-in-law has a Mazda3. His absolutely loves it. When I tell him he has the same engine as a Focus, he calls me a liar and denies it.

Afterall, he has a Mazda. He didn't buy a Ford. Those same "type" of people would speak praises about a Toyota Matrix and bad mouth a Pontiac Vibe. Both of those vehicles are built by Toyota.

I think Ford would sell more Focii if they didn't make them so damn ugly.

Tom

wow tom, it appears that maybe you had way to much turkey for thanksgiving !!

why the anger ?

as far as the fusion, no way does it compare to a camry or accord. read my post about when ford sent the national account manager to visit me. they finally realized that i stopped buying ford focus three years ago and now they are begging for my business. i purchased 35 focus wagons a year for my fleet, and i watched them go to auction after a year and what a bath i took. now i know you dont want to hear this , but when i switched over to toyota matrix, a way different story. with the matrix,maint, costs down 50-60% and resale was at 70% of purchase. the focus was lucky to bring back 50% residule. so you tell me !

the rep gave me a fusion for three weeks and i thought is was a nice looking vehicle, but nowhere near the quality of the camry's i have.

also, why did ford just update their website now with the job 2 changes on the sport trac ?

the job 2 changes have been out for months. don't you think if they want people to buy them , they should show ALL the option available. walk in to a ford dealer and ask them if they have any job 2 sport tracs and you get a look of conFUSION. !

if it makes you feel any better, i did ford a favor and ordered a new v-8 loaded lmtd s/t :D

sorry, it is what it is !!!

Ford's new Fusion model earned high marks from both Consumer Reports testers and consumers who rated its reliability, the magazine said in its 2007 new car preview, showing that U.S. automakers may be making strides in initial quality. The Fusion and the Mercury Milan were among the top-ranked family cars for predicted reliability, on par with the Honda Accord and the Toyota Camry. The magazine bases its reliability forecasts on information provided by consumers for the past three model years. In the case of the Fusion and the Milan, the rating is based on only one model year because the vehicles were new for 2006.

Go figure. Look how the Matrix gets better resale value than a Pontiac Vibe does. It is the name and not quality.

Honestly, I could care less about residual value. I buy my vehicles to use and abuse. I overload the bed, tow too large of a trailer, drive them too fast, stop them too quickly, and drive them until they literally fall apart.

I don't have any problems with them that was not caused by me.

You can do what you want to do. It doesn't affect me. Though, when I see a buisness driving and import, I send my business elsewhere. Does it make a difference? Maybe...maybe not. I am doing my part though.

Tom