Ford Edge website up

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well at least i know my NON-UNION company is not going out of business, just getting bigger and better !

Apparently, I struck a nerve.

Remember, what goes up...must come down. Also never forget, pride comes before a fall.

Be careful what you say, it will end up biting you in the @$$.

Tom

no nerve struck hear !

well i know the company i work for will continue to succeed and grow. i'm verry happy, well paid and I DON'T need someone to represent me !

well going out to wash the nisssan 350z, have a nice day :D

Tom, here are the specs for both 2007 models. You are correct that the engines are basically the same. However, the tuning is apparently different, since the Mazda3 out-performs the Focus. The situation is similar to the engine in the 1st Gen STs. It is the same engine as the Mustangs use, but the performance just isn't there, due to the tuning, the transmission and the additional weight of the ST.

2007 Ford Focus Specifications

[Broken External Image]:

Quick Specs

Bodystyles: 5-Dr Hatchback; 4-Dr Wagon; 4-Dr Sedan; 3-Dr Hatchback;

Engines: 2.0L Inline 4; 2.3L Inline 4;

Transmissions: 4 Speed Automatic; 5 Speed Manual;

Drivetrains: Front Wheel Drive;

2007 Ford Focus Performance & Efficiency Standard Features

- 1,999 cc 2 liters in-line 4 front engine with 87.4 mm bore, 83.1 mm stroke, 10 compression ratio, double overhead cam and four valves per cylinder Duratec 20

- Unleaded fuel 87

- Fuel economy EPA highway (mpg): 35 and EPA city (mpg): 26

- Multi-point injection fuel system

- 14 gallon main unleaded fuel tank

- Power: 101 kW , 136 HP SAE @ 6,000 rpm; 133 ft lb , 180 Nm @ 4,500 rpm

2007 Mazda MAZDA3 Specifications

[Broken External Image]:

Quick Specs

Bodystyles: 4-Dr Sedan; 5-Dr Hatchback;

Engines: 2.0L Inline 4; 2.3L Inline 4;

Transmissions: 4 Speed Automatic; 5 Speed Manual; 5 Speed Automatic;

Drivetrains: Front Wheel Drive;

2007 Mazda MAZDA3 Performance & Efficiency Standard Features

- 1,999 cc 2 liters in-line 4 front engine with 87.5 mm bore, 83.1 mm stroke, 10 compression ratio, double overhead cam, variable valve timing/camshaft and four valves per cylinder LFD

- Unleaded fuel 87

- Fuel economy EPA highway (mpg): 35 and EPA city (mpg): 28

- Multi-point injection fuel system

- 14.5 gallon main unleaded fuel tank

- Power: 110 kW , 148 HP SAE @ 6,500 rpm; 135 ft lb , 183 Nm @ 4,500 rpm

Ford would sell more Focii if they would bring the European spec car here.

fbc71c3653b40839ec376f09e83c07d3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nelson,

You are correct. Ford has the vehicles around the world to take control of the industry. They just choose not to. AWD and turbo to go against the Subaru WRX and Mitsubish Evo...and beat them! Diesel Ranger? Ford has it. IMO, a new Ranchero would be a major hit. IIRC, they have one in Australia.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not that ugly...LOL

[Broken External Image]:

The bottom line is we all buy vehicles based on our own reasons. I have never bought a vehicle based on what CR says. Or, for that matter any item CR reviews.

well i know the company i work for will continue to succeed and grow. i'm verry happy, well paid and I DON'T need someone to represent me !

Gary, no need to get angry. As I said, what goes up...must come down. That is the way it goes. I know you think the company you work for will continue to succeed and you are very happy. Glad to hear you are well paid and you do not need someone to represent you.

Lets hope you never have to change your feelings. At one time, I used to feel the same way. I then ended my teenage years and became an adult.

Have a wonderful day!!!

Tom

tom, sorry i did not use spell check as when i was typing i was doing some paperwork as well. its called multi-tasking, something a union employee is not familiar with.

i am not angry, why i would i be angry ? working very hard all my life, and having the opportunity to make a very good salary for this hard work, has awarded me a very nice lifestyle. a brand new house in florida, a house on eastern long isle, and 4 vehicles and so on....

you seem to have the anger issue as you make negative remarks if someone posts something you dont want to hear.

i may not agree with what someone decides to drive, but i have always respected their decision. i just made a comment that i would prefer a murano over a new edge.

as far " what goes up, must come down ", you are 100% right, the American car manufactures !

i am sorry to see that you are frustrated with my success but i will continue to work very hard.

btw, you will be first to know when the " bubble bursts " :cool:

Gary,

Who is the first person to throw mud? I hate to bring it to your attention, but it was you. In case you forgot.

You were the one that said your "NON-UNION" company. I have pet names for all vehicles. Some I am unable to say in public. Ford is not exempt. The Ford Escape is know, to me, as the Ford Escrape. The Focus is known as the Fu@#us. Murano is known a Moron-o. A Tacoma is known as a Toy Taco.

You were the one to throw the mud. That is OK. I like myself.

I am done and I refuse to respond to any further posts by you on this subject. When you work for a company that manages some of the SPR's, then talk to me.

Tom

tom, i am sorry that the phrase , non-union , would set you off. like i mentioned above when anyone posts something you dont want to hear, you throw back a negative comment.

as far as my management skills, i dont think your the person to question that !

my success tells it all !

hey bud, we have two different opinions and maybe someday we can discuss them over a beer.

have a good night

hey bud, we have two different opinions and maybe someday we can discuss them over a beer.

Where were you when I was in NYC looking for someone to get together with? I am always game for a cold beer.

Tom

tom, didn't know you were in nyc. i dont travel to nyc much but next time drop me an e-mail and the beer is on me. i am sure there are alot of things we both agree on.

btw, you responded to my post when you said you were not ? lol

btw, you responded to my post when you said you were not ? lol

When you said beer, all bets were off. It was a few years since I was in NYC. It will hopefully be many years again before I go there again. I did not have a bad time there, just that the last time I was there, it was on business and I no longer have to deal with a scumbag employer. I get to spend every night in my own bed next to my wife and not 7 different hotels every week.

Tom

Just make sure that beer is "union-made". lol

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."

–Frank Zappa