Gas price drop by you ????

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paid $2.51 in suburban Atlanta yesterday, down into the $2.40s today.

Anyone see the good news out of the Gulf of Mexico? First test well out in the new deep water field pumped at a rate of 6,000 barrels per day. If the actual field works out as good the forecast, it will increase known U.S. reserves by 50%...bigger reserve than Prudhoe Bay!

Hope it plays out that way! I like 97 cent/gallon gas! :cool:

I paid $2.53 for regular last Thursday, not sure what it is now.

But, really, this couldn't have come at a better time. I'm nearing completion of my project car and envision many wasted gallons cruising in it....good since I may need to run premium in it.

Two weeks ago, I pulled into a station that was marked 3.19. I pulled up to the pump and noticed it was set at 2.19. Someone screwed up big time. I even had an empty 5 gal can that I filled up. Then, I called everyone I knew.

Just today, they dropped below $3.

2.72 for 87 octane. Strange thing is, oil was at this same $67-69 a barrell when the price was 3.05 too. Did the oil execs get a phone call from "somewhere" to back off on the economic stagnation they were starting?

Larry,

i dont think they needed a phone call

with Ford,GM and Chryslers sales in the basement

and foreign car company's through the roof

the writing is on the wall.

i dont think they needed a phone call

with Ford,GM and Chryslers sales in the basement

and foreign car company's through the roof

the writing is on the wall.

Just so you know, fuel prices affect more then just the auto industry. Fuel prices are one cause of inflation.

Tom

Tom

oh believe me i know, everything that goes by road or rail

has been affected.

but when you have the nations auto makers

in particular Ford and GM talking bankruptcy

you definitely have major problems.

I don't think gas would be as much as it is if it wasnt for state tax. I was at the pump last night and it said "$.68 state tax added" thats just insane. Gas tho went from $3.10 to $2.65 in acouple of days here so I'm happy.

wp23n

This quote is what I am refering to...

Did the oil execs get a phone call from "somewhere" to back off on the economic stagnation they were starting?

Is it possible, though unlikely, the oil exec's got a phone call from the king to back off on prices. It is ironic that those in the Whitehouse are/were in the oil industry and at the same time gas prices are at the highest point? I am not saying there is a connection, but whenever there is a drop in something that is for the good, the president did it/caused it, but if it is bad, it wasn't/couldn't be the presidents fault.

Sometimes we can be too proud to admit we made a mistake and will support our bad decision even if it kills us just so we don't look stupid in the face of others.

Tom

Caymen said:
Sometimes we can be too proud to admit we made a mistake and will support our bad decision even if it kills us just so we don't look stupid in the face of others.

Are you talking about all of us buying Fords?

:eek:

Are you talking about all of us buying Fords?

There is a little more pride in voting then there is in buying vehicles. Look at the ways some people get upset when you speak the truth about our King, his Royal Jester, and the Motley Fool.

Tom

I take a lot more pride in my vehicle than the people I vote for. People know what I drive, they don't know who I voted for.

Jeff,

You are right about that. Look at some of those people that defend the King whenever you say something bad about him.

Tom

Latest posts