Gas price drop by you ????

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Caymen says:
Look at the ways some people get upset when you speak the truth about our King, his Royal Jester, and the Motley Fool.

Again, Caymen, you say we are to respect the elderly, and you say you respect police and other authority, but the president of the US gets called a clown by you. Wassup with that?

Used to be we treated our leaders with civility and respect, even if we disagreed with them if for no other reason than its the right thing to do.

TJR

I was watching a TV show one of those money market shows they said that gas my go to 1.99 before the end of the year that would be great..

Southwest PA, most stations are $2.69 which is about $0.30 cheaper than two weeks ago. Saw one at $2.64. Some folks on the radio are predicting $2.00 by Thanksgiving. Gotta love it.

A couple months ago I bought a beater Neon to use for running between offices at work and doing bids. The Trac I now use mostly for my whopping 4 mile commute, so I burn maybe a half tank a week. I had been dropping $150 a week in gas in it. The Neon cost me a crapload in repairs though, has a couple dents, the steering wheel is crooked, but the cruise works and the A/C is cold.

Beaters are fun.

I filled up today at $2.259/gal. It was on "E" and took $27 to fill. A tankful has been lasting around 7 days now, instead of 5 in my Trac. I love my Mazda 3! :D

I don't feel bad about trading the Trac even though prices are dropping. Poland still is charging $4.50 - $5.00/gal, and I'll be paying those prices in a few months.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a pretty big sign of disrespect to call anyone a jester or a fool. Also, the US has never had a "King". I think name calling is a bit childish anyway. An adult will use logic and wit to put someone down.

Also, the US has never had a "King".

Very good Nelson. Name calling has always been a part of the USA though. It is covered under "Free Speech". The again, wasn't the King of England looked at as "always right"? Those that started the USA turned against the leader of their government and stood up against someone that was a tyrant.

I might have been out of line calling "Dubya", as many refer to GW Bush, "the King". Though I feel "Dubya" as a derogatory name too, but to many people that is acceptable.

Sorry, I feel it is ironic that those that are in office come from the oil industry, such as Bush, Condoleeza Rice, Dick Cheney, for example and we are experiencing high fuel costs. It is also ironic that an election coming soon and prices are coming down.

It is a known fact that the Bush family are friends with Saudi Arabia and many other OPEC members.

Is it just a coincidence that oil prices are high while Bush is in office?

There are just too many things that are a coincidence all at the same time. Bla, bla, bla...Supply and demand...bla, bla, bla...Oil consumption...bla, bla, bla... Yea we heard it before.

Personally, the price of gas doesn't bother me. I can afford to fill my tank. I can afford to go on vacations. I do not let the gas prices dictate how I live my life.

What I do have a problem with is if these prices are inflated by those in office. When people are pinching pennies to make ends meet and someone is making butt loads of money off someone else's misery, we as a people, need to stand up and fight back.

Profit is not a dirty word and I have no problem with a company making money...if it is done fairly and honestly.

You can't trust the oil industry to police themselves much the same as you can't trust the tobacco companies to tell you the truth about tobacco.

Ask a Ford salesman who makes the best truck. Ask the same question to the Chevy salesman.

Asking a Republican controlled government led by an oil tycoon president is like asking the Chevy salesman who makes the best truck. You know the Chevy salesman won't say Toyota, Nissan, or Ford. Nope, a Chevy salesman will look you straight in the eye and say..."Chevrolet...without a doubt".

Tom

Even though I voted for the idiot, I don't think we can blame everything on Dubya. At some time we Americans have to face up to being responsible for outrageous gas prices. Experts have been telling us for years that oil is going to get more scarce and what did we as Americans do? Started driving gas guzzling SUV's. (I know I'm guilty) We deserve what we are paying. If there was any conspiracy it was done to teach us a lesson.

>> Didn't call him a clown. Try reading my post this time...

I'm sorry, I just a equated "jester" with "clown". You might want to lookup what a "jester" is sometime, Clowns and jesters have a lot in common...they both do absurd things to amuse others in a comical fashion.

TJR

Read the post again. I never called the president a clown. Maybe I called the veep a jester, but if you read my post completely you would see the following statement.

Look at the ways some people get upset when you speak the truth about our King, his Royal Jester, and the Motley Fool.

Since you are unable to reaad this and felt like trying to twist my own words to satisfy your needs of feeling above others, let me explain how to read my post....

Look at the ways some people get upset when you speak the truth about our King (president), his(Note that it is a different person and not the same person) Royal Jester (Cheney), and the Motley Fool (Insert any of the other partners in crime you care to include).

Is it still difficult to understand?

Tom

Caymen,

I read your words, and you have accused me twice of not doing so.

Now you accuse me of twisting your words. I am NOT doing that either.

Royal jester, motley fool, bafoon, ....these are all good synonyms for "clown".

Sorry I didn't use your exact words, but they all have the same basic meaning.

Is THAT too difficult to understand? No malice, no twisting intended.

I really feel like this is a WTF attack. You said "jester", I said "clown"...they are more or less the same thing. You do realize that, right?

Jeez!

Oh, and I will take the apology anytime....here is a dictionary entry for JESTER (link provided below):

Noun 1. jester - a professional clown employed to entertain a king or nobleman in the middle ages

Synonyms: fool, motley fool

By Wordnet Dictionary

Jester: , n. 1. A buffoon; a merry-andrew; a court fool.

This . . . was Yorick's skull, the king's jester. Shak.

Dressed in the motley garb that jesters wear. Longfellow.

2. A person addicted to jesting, or to indulgence in light and amusing talk.

He ambled up and down

With shallow jesters. Shak.

By Webster Dictionary

TJR

Still didn't read my original post...

..., but the president of the US gets called a clown by you. Wassup with that?

Never called bush a clown, jester, or anything like that.

Who is twisting what words?

Tom

So, Caymen, I am meant to assume that when you said:

...right after you said:
Is it possible, though unlikely, the oil exec's got a phone call from the king to back off on prices. It is ironic that those in the Whitehouse are/were in the oil industry and at the same time gas prices are at the highest point? I am not saying there is a connection, but whenever there is a drop in something that is for the good, the president did it/caused it, but if it is bad, it wasn't/couldn't be the presidents fault

Sometimes we can be too proud to admit we made a mistake and will support our bad decision even if it kills us just so we don't look stupid in the face of others.

...I am supposed to assume in that first quote that you ARE NOT talking about the president of the US?

C'mon, who is playing coy word games now?

TJR

Did I call the president a clown? Nope...not once...never!

The VP, yes, but not the President...or as I say, King George the third.

Tom

Did you call him or refer to him as a Jester? Yes or NO?

If "Yes", then you called him a clown...they are the same thing.

If it walks like a duck...

P.S. I'll still take that apology. You said I twisted your words and didn't read your post, twice. I did neither. I am only guilty of using a synonym which you are not familiar with.

TJR

I never called Bush a jester. From an earlier post...

Quote:

Look at the ways some people get upset when you speak the truth about our King (president), his(Note that it is a different person and not the same person) Royal Jester (Cheney), and the Motley Fool (Insert any of the other partners in crime you care to include).

Where did I call the president a jester? Unless the unfortunate assination of the president (Which I wish will NEVER happen...ever!!!) the only person that was called a Jester is the VP.

Tom

p.s. You sure you read my posts?

Okay, than smarty, show me EXACTLY where you called the VP a Jester....you didn't seem to actually attribute your comments to the VP so I had to assume you meant the president. It wasn't clear by your post if you meant several people or one.

Regardless, my main point STILL holds, president or VP, where do you GET OFF calling our president or VP, people of respect and authority a clown in one breath, but then admonishing people on how to respect the elderly, etc. in another?

How?

Admit it Tom you are as consistent as John Kerry's voting record when it comes to your stance on things:

- To your way of thinking collusion by employees in the form of unions to further their cause and maximize their value is GOOD, but collusion by oil producing countries to do the same is BAD.

- Giving the elderly implicit respect because they are old even when you disagree with their actions is something everyone SHOULD DO, but giving similar respect to authority and our govt officials even when you disagree with them ISN'T REQUIRED.

It's ponderous.

Later!

TJR

Boys, boys. Calm down or you will both have to go to your time-out chair. Clown, Jester, who cares? I called him an idiot. But of course I call everyone in Congress an idiot.

Latest posts