Gauging interest for '07 V8s...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dingo

Reaction score
I've been pondering becoming a site sponsor for a while now. If I were to do so, and could offer a group buy on great quality underdrive pulleys made by a nationally recognized company, how many would be interested? The price would be right around $200.

Most Under drive setups slow things down 20%....

If you think about it at 1,000 RPM it will be slowed down to 800 RPM and the stock crank pulley is an overdrive any way, so slowing it that 20% does not hurt any thing.....

To me it makes it better by slowing the accessories slightly and it quiets the noise from under the hood...

I have had mine on for 3+ years with no affects to any thing...

My Alt went from 14.6-14.4 Volts and the coolant did not change 1 degree...

Todd Z

This one slows everything 25%, and then the water pump slows even more.

What you have to remember is that the accessories are designed to be at full efficiency at rediculously low speeds.

I've had these pulleys on my truck for almost a week, and I've driven it very very hard. Coolant temps haven't changed at all.

I am interested but it is something I would not change until the truck was off warrenty. If you need 10 and you were close I would participate in the group buy and just hold off on installation. I take it as well that it requires a new belt and some specialized tools. Any idea what a shop would charge for installation?

No new belt, and the only specialized tools you'd need are a fan clutch tool ($26 from NAPA) and a 3-jaw puller.

Most shops would charge about 2 hours labor.