• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SportTrac Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Parts For Sale Gen 1 topper and bed extender

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jpalm

Reaction score
So I totaled out my ST and have a lot of add on stuff for sale. I’m located in mn.
Topper
Bed extender
Class 3 hitch with seven pin harness
Livewire ts
Hard tonneau cover
Bike mount
I’m seriously bummed out about my loss but hopefully someone can benefit from it.

Attachments

• F0019CC4-CD91-4A68-B24C-107A91676229.jpeg
    F0019CC4-CD91-4A68-B24C-107A91676229.jpeg
    80.6 KB · Views: 105
so sorry..hope your all good.

are ya selling the whole truck.

if i remember ya just got that programmer, again sorry to hear, but glad your ok.

aw I'm sorry..
my son is working in Rochester MN, flew back to Minneapolis last Sun and decided not to drive his Subaru through that winter storm at 11pm..
we've had no, 0", snow yet in Denver. I don't miss driving in snow, your pic gave me the shivers..

Something tells me that the pay out will be a lot less than what the truck was worth.
fight them.. their estimates are probably old, used car prices are up 40-50% over the last 2 years.

My son got hit by a drunk driver and it wrote off his old Subaru, the insurance company's first offer was insulting, we complained and got another thousand or so.

You should be able to get a check for the truck and keep the truck. My daughter's car was totalled, but driveable, a few years ago. Got a decent check, and kept driving the car for several years. If you don't get a settlement that allows you to keep the truck, you likely won't be able to sell anything that was on the truck at the time of the accident, or at least was on it when the adjuster saw it. On the other hand, they often don't consider anything other than the basic vehicle when they offer a settlement.

Whether you can remove anything also depends somewhat on where the truck is now. If it's at the towing company's lot, you won't be able to remove any parts without the insurance company's ok. I was allowed to pull the 3 good tires and wheels off my son's wrecked Mountaineer as part of the settlement as long as I put any sort of tires and wheels back on it, and it was already at the auction yard. Check with the insurance company before removing anything visible.

Another thing you might use to your advantage if you want to try to keep the truck and part it out - the insurance company might have to pay significant storage fees on your wrecked truck if they keep it. My totalled Bronco II was stored inside for 6 weeks or so after the wreck, and the adjuster told me they had $700 in storage fees, about half of what they paid me for the Bronco II. They might have gotten $200 from the salvage yard for it.

If I had more time on my hands I would consider buying it back and parting it out or fixing but it’s just not worth my time. As for taking stuff off of the truck, I ran it by the insurance guy and he said that because the adjuster hasn’t seen it yet I could take whatever I want. My idea is that the topper and hitch wouldn’t add much value to the adjuster vs me selling them privately

I am sorry to hear about your accident. How much do you want for the bed extender and the topper?

I would buy the whole truck if its for sale? how much for it

if no one else buys the topper I would like it. it matches my trac