General Question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POJ Irving

Reaction score
After reading all the posts about the 07 ST. I would really like to hear how many members are actually going to trade in their current ST for the '07 and why?

I love the 02 manual 5-speed I have, I don't like automatic vehicles. I purchased it brand new and soon I will have paid off for it, currently has 44k on it, I hate car payments.Thankfully I have had ONE minor problem with it. I will ONLY buy the 07 if Ford does it in 5 speed manual with all the optional feature such as the "backlight" .

Planning on keeping my 02 ST untill it falls apart with too many mile.

PJ.

I'm with you. I will be keeping mine for quite some time. It will be very helpful not having a car payment soon. and my 02 only has 55k on it, and so for 0 problems. I keep it maintained and well cared for, hoping it will do the same for me! :)

I don't think you will ever see another manual trans Trac built by Ford. Manual trannies do not fit into the market segment they have put the Trac into. Face it, the vast majority of Trac owners are those who need the passenger space of an SUV while having some level of truck bed capabilty. Ford didn't design the Trac to please a couple of thousand "enthusiasts".

Bill-E,

Fair comment, but are you planning on trading in your ST or keeping it?. With all the work the ST members put into making their ST so personal and love doing it, I was just curious to see how many were planning on giving it up and why?

I like my '04..it is paid for...I have the ESP premium warranty that will last about the time I will keep it..I keep my cars 7 to 10 years..my stang is a '94, my wifes escape is an '01...keep them serviced and drive them is my moto...

Paid cash for my '01 used. No interest or taxes. I will not trade a vehicle in. I can sell it and give another individual a better deal than what they will get from a dealer. Trade in value and market value is considerably different.

I doubt you'll ever see a stick ST again. I have almost two years left on my lease, not interested in the new Trac if gas prices stay the same or higher (and I get to write off most of my gas). By then my son will be in college and I won't need the room, so for now I'm planning on getting another Ranger. 4x4 with a 3.0/stick like my first one that was pretty good on gas for a 4x4.

HOLDING MINE ALSO.....MANY MODS AND I STILL LIKE IT!

I wasn't thinking of trading mine in, but mostly because it's an '05 that I just bought in August. Based on everyone else's reasons for keeping theirs, it seems I should maybe reconsider.

I'm going to be paying on my ST for a while, so I'm stuck with a car payment either way. I've got an automatic tranny now, so I'm not going to gripe (any more than I have) about getting one in the '07. The only thing I suppose I'd have to hold out for is the rear window (why is that called a "backlight", anyway?).

I'm really only worried about what kind of depreciation I'm going to see on my '05 already that might not make trading it in so soon worth it. I can't afford to take a big hit on its value and wind up with an even larger car payment than I have now.

I'm keeping my Trac until it don't go no more. I have no fascination about having something new. My 04 Trac will serve it's purpose just the way it is now for as long as it lasts. "New" justs costs money.

I keep my cars 7 to 10 years...keep them serviced and drive them is my moto...

Absolutely, I don't get those folks who make a big deal of how a new car's value deappreciates by half as soon as you roll it off the lot. This should not be an issue at all if you're buying new and planning on keeping said vehicle beyond 100K miles.

My Trac's only over 26K miles and by the time I think it needs replacing, it'll be 2014. By then, Job-2 3rd generation Sport Tracs will be available.

We're keeping our '01 job 2 w/ manual tranny for at least another 100k for most of the same reasons listed above. I would consider getting another ST as a second vehicle for my wife, but not until at least the '08 model yr. My wife has voiced that the next one will be a automatic.

Nah. I've made to many personal modifications to even consider a new truck. And I'm not done with my Sport Trac. Next is a custom sub box behind the back seat. I'm planning on one 10" sub and an amp.

I'm not trading. My '03 Adrenaline looks better than the '07s, and the IRS with the stubby little axle shafts going through the frame holes and lack of LSD clinched the deal after I was initially soured by the fugly Jetta front end and the very goofy interior.

Ford screwed the pooch on the '07. With climbing gas prices and dropping sales volumes, I doubt that we see SportTracs in production much more than 3 years from now. Hopefully Ford will roll out another vehicle that has some of the utility and toughness of the first generation SportTrac, but is also at least 600 pounds lighter with a much better engine and transmission so that it has great performance with a V-6 but also gets 25-30 MPG on the highway.

GRIPE, GRIPE, GRIPE, if you want to, to each their own! I will be keeping my (bought new) 01' ST. The 07 has grown on me somewhat, but I won't be buying anything until after April of 07'. Buying a new vehicle is much like marrying someone you want to be with for life, then things start to go awry, then ......

Just thought I would say we all loved the Trac when we saw it, then we bought it, then things started to go wrong, now we're mad at Ford about it, they have issues of quality, but we still buy em. I love a lot of things about Ford, but some QUALITY issues are redundant and they should heed our words and concerns or a lot of people will turn the other way. I do like a lot of the newer innovations and upgrades that are on the 07's. I will look at it as closely as I did the 01', and will make a decision accordingly, but I still think they should have given us the newer look as in the Adrenalin Concept! There, I SAID IT....ADRENALIN CONCEPT!

:):D;):eek::lol::cool: