Getting the wandering eye... for the Avalanche

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Ioco

Reaction score
I did a brief search on here in the past 90, and didn't see much talk about the 07 Avalanche. I saw one on the road, and spent a few hours on the chevy website today looking at it. This is how it all started with my ST 5 years ago.....

This is the first Chevy I've really liked in a long time.... and the first time I've said I like the Avalanche. I absolutely hated the previous models with all the grey cladding. This 07 is completely different though. They really smoothed it out. It's HOT!

[Broken External Image]:

I like the V8, that drops down to a V4 at cruising speeds, and there's many times when I would have liked the midgate or 3 piece removable cover option.

If I was in ther market right now, sad to say, but this might be my first choice. As I've said before, the 07 Sport Trac isn't doing anything for me. :( I like my 01 WAY better, from an appearance standpoint.

I love the new front styling of the Av/Tahoe/Suburban. It looks pretty slick. Myself and my mother-in-law are trying to convince my father-in-law that it is time to trade in thier '03 hoe for a '07... He seems to trade them in once the free oil changes run out at the dealer... That is getting close!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to agree with you STyln'. I am pretty impressed with the new Avalanche too, and don't like the look of the new ST very much. I still love my ST and will be keeping it for a while though.

Tommy

It does look sweet, but...

Just a little too big for my needs. And, I remember the last time GM tried multi-displacement engines, it didn't work out to well.

If I wanted one of those, I'd for sure wait until 2008 to make sure those engines are good.

The muliti displacement engine is in the Monte Carlo too I think. Didn't they try it in the Cadillacs a while back?? I never really heard anything good/bad about it..

My dad just got an 07 Avalanche loaded with every option and it is SWEET. It has a backup camera, 20 inch rims, and flip-flop paint. It is one of the nicer SUV's I've seen lately.

The Avalanche is a very nice truck..A friend of mine just bought one and the interior is a vast improvement over prior models. The 5.3 has plenty of get up and go as well, the MDS has been on the new Impala for about a year now.

They aren't as ugly as before, but put BBQ sauce on a turn and eat it. It might taste good, but it is still a turd.

Tom

Caymen, your "I can't wait until last year" comment about the 07 ST has me feeling the same way. Take a piece of goodness like a tootsie roll and style it like a turd... and I have no interest in it.

I thought the Avalanche started looking better as soon as they removed the Pontiac cladding from the side.

The new body style does look nice, but is there really any reliability under that skin?

Buddy of mine just traded his Avalanche in. He really like the vehicle but gas was killing him. Reliability was "OK", but his was a "Fully Clad" version that didn't do much for me. He had a lot of issues with the mid-gate. It didn't hold up too well. Always find it interesting when people get so excited about the styling of version 1 vs. the newest one ('01 ST vs. '07 ST). It is a personal choice. What one person really likes, another really hates. The '01 ST was very nice - I had one. The '07 ST is a better vehicle in almost every way, but the styling will not appeal to everyone. Morale of the story - you like, you buy. No like, no buy. Life goes on.

GM finally put a decent looking interior in their trucks and SUVs. As others have said, I like the new front end styling. I like it more then the last generation, but something about it...probably the flying butresses that just look odd. Drop it a lil' bit, put some 22's on it, shave it smooth and it'd look good, no doubt. Don't lift it though, the proportions are goofy enough stock.

You can buy the smaller Ridgeline version if it's too big

That's funny, Q. It does have some resemlance there with the softer edges.

[Broken External Image]: [Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just saw that the Active Fuel Management option isn't available on 4x4 models.

No deal!

No, just a different option. The 4x4 also has E85 FlexFuel ability.

# NEW Vortec 5.3L V8 with Active Fuel Managementâ„¢ (2WD models)

# NEW Vortec 5.3L V8 with Active Fuel Managementâ„¢ and E85 FlexFuel capability(1) (standard on 4x4 models and available on 2WD models)

Still, it IS a CHEVY

Ah, okay. Thanks for clarifying. That didn't make any sense! I haven't seen any HWY MPG ratings. I'd be curious to know how they look.

I agree with you on the "Still, it IS a CHEVY" I'm a die-hard Ford guy, but I'm just not happy with the offerings right now.

Latest posts