Got my XCal2 - Now have check engine light.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got my new XCal2 from Doug at BamaChips today. I installed the performance tune (93 octane) and took it for a ride and all I can say is WOW! The TBW seems much more responsive and the shifts are firmer.

I took the Trac (2007 V8) on the highway and the MPG gauge climbed to just over 21 MPG at a fast pace (didn't seem right). Got it home, changed tune back to stock went for a ride and the MPG settled back to 15.5 MPG. Re-installed the performance tune and now I have a check engine light with no codes.

Took it for a ride and the MPG has settled in at 19.1 MPG. I was hoping the check engine light would extinguish, but it did not. I have read that the emissions have to be re-learned and the light will go off after a few drive cycles and was wondering if anyone here has had this problem.

The only mods I have done are a K&N panel filter and a Magnaflow cat back.

Thanks

Gordi

There was posts that you have to drive it for a couple of days and it will go out...

Good luck,

Todd Z

Thanks Todd......I read a couple on SCTFLASH.COM that had the same problem that self corrected.....Just my lack of patience this week:wacko:

Did the battery disconnect and still have the light........Patience Grashopper!

Thanks

Gordi

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts