hardwired ipod

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dane

Reaction score
does anyone have any experience hard wiring an ipod into the stock stereo? i've seen some packages online, but they all require you to have an AUX button on the stereo, which i don't have. does anyone know if this can be done?

thanks

dane

i'm going to be honest, this is my first vehicle and i don't know much about trucks. what is a radio kit; an fm transmitter? i have one and i'm not very impressed with the quality which is why i want to hard wire it. what's a head unit; the thing i think of as just the stereo? is buying a new one the only way to wire the pod to the trac? i know i'm setting myself up as a newbie, but i am.

thanks

dane

Dane, If you find the right unit it is an easy fix. I did mine in about 15 minutes. Find a unit that plugs into the satelite space on the back of your stock unit, the radio pulls out with the correct tools (10 bucks at bestbuy), unplug the harness that comes into the radio. The I-pod interface wiring will plug into the back of the radio and the stock wiring harness will plug into the back of the I-pod harness. There will be a leg off the i-pod interface that will plug into the satelite spot on the back of the radio. From there you run the cable to the I-pod up to the console (there is a "project" that shows how the console just lifts up to get the wiring where you want it. From there just follow the instructions on the I-pod interface and it works just too cool. Great sound not like the fm transmitter versions. I have seen the interfaces on the internet for about 139.00 I can't rememer mine as it was a freebie from a vendor on mine. Wish ya luck, trust me it's too easy.

Latest posts