Has anyone ever color matched 2nd Gen Headlights?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldsnut

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
I recently purchased a 2007 Sport Trac and was wondering id anyone has ever color matched the headlights to the trucks actual color? I have done this to several of my Oldsmobiles and I love the look. How hard is it to separate the lense from the housing? I have added a picture of my Final 500 Olds Alero headlights I did this to.

Attachments

• Cleared Headlights 003.jpg
    Cleared Headlights 003.jpg
    886.9 KB · Views: 3
I think it would be too much. The chrome/black housing is a fairly large piece and would probably stick out too much, not giving you the subtle effect that I’m assuming you’re going for(based on your pic).

That said, the housing isn’t too hard to get apart. Oven to 250, pop in for 5-7 mins and try separating/prying apart(also assuming you know this process already). May take a couple more mins or so. There are two bolts(8mm I think) that also hold the lens on the outside, and 2 on the inside that come off once the lens is separated.

Edit: actually, depending on base color, it may not be too much. A bright color, probably not so much.

I think it would be too much. The chrome/black housing is a fairly large piece and would probably stick out too much, not giving you the subtle effect that I’m assuming you’re going for(based on your pic).

That said, the housing isn’t too hard to get apart. Oven to 250, pop in for 5-7 mins and try separating/prying apart(also assuming you know this process already). May take a couple more mins or so. There are two bolts(8mm I think) that also hold the lens on the outside, and 2 on the inside that come off once the lens is separated.

Edit: actually, depending on base color, it may not be too much. A bright color, probably not so much.
It is Dark Cherry just like the picture but bright yellow would be too much for me.