Headlight Question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all. My father has a 2001 Sport Trac, and he's expressed interest in upgrading the headlight, as his are getting foggy and chipped. He liked the look of the LED headlights he has seen around. So a couple questions. Does anybody know where someone could find a kit to fit the Sport Trac, and is the headlight assembly the same as a regular Explorer? I can find a bunch for regular Explorers, but none specifically for the Sport Trac. Thanks for any help.

Garrett

Sponsor Fast Parts Network should have the headlight parts you need. If it were me I'd replace the lens covers if needed and go with upgraded bulbs to get better night lighting.

Yup, just get new lenses and Sylvania Silverstar or GE Nighthawk bulbs. The lenses are the same as an Explorer Sport (the 2-door) but not a regular Explorer.

As everyone has said. The 4 door explorers have different headlights than the sport tracs. The 2 door explore sport headlights will fit the sport tracs. Unfortunately there isn't a company out that that produces LED sport Trac headlights. Only option is black housing with clear corners or chrome housing with clear corners. There are a few members here who have purchased a retro fit HID projector lense and made a project with they're existing headlight. Some have added halos around the lense for the angle eye look. Looks pretty neat. I'm sure you can do a search on that. I think Rick kent was of of the guys that did it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts