HID Projector -- How to?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H C

Reaction score
My previous vehicle had projector headlights, so I installed an HID kit and LOVED it. I'd like to do the same my '04 ST, but I really don't want to blind on-coming traffic with the glare. I searched the forum and found several posts that mentioned making your own HID projectors for the ST. Does anyone have a "how-to" on that?

Thanks.

There isn't an ST specific how-to that I'm aware of. But the general procedure is the same regardless of what headlamps you're using, so with that said, a quick Google search for "HID retrofit project" or similar should turn up projects for other vehicles. The basic idea is you need to bake your headlamps to remove the front lens, cut out the rear of the free-form reflector housing so the projector can stick through, secure the projector to the housing, weather seal the back end, and install a shroud between the front projector lens and the rest of the stock lamp housing.

If you're good with tools and figuring things out, it should be a "simple" project, though be prepared for some fabrication.

Some on here did modify their oem housings, I will try and search to find the posts...

Todd Z

I couldn't find an actual project . . . . but its been done.

This is about all I could find, I hope it helps: