How many miles on your trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had 83453 when I traded in my ‘01, Job 1, ST for a ’06 F150 Scab on Oct 25th. I wanted a new ST but I couldn’t pass up the give away price Ford was offering on the 150’s. I was able to trade in the loaded ST for $9,900 and received $7,500 in rebates. I am also lucky to be able to buy on Z Plan so I was out the door for just under $15,000. The closest I could get to that with a new ST would have been between $20,000 and $22,000 with what I wanted.

The ST was and is a great vehicle for my needs. It served me well with only normal repairs (brakes, tires, oil). Only abnormal repair was a transmission solenoid when I got a flashing OD light. Naturally it was out of warranty at the time. But I have two Honda Civics and they have been no treat either (rusting mufflers, dead starter, defective power window tracks and the secret $500 expense of a timing belt at 90000 whether you need it or not). Nothing’s perfect but the ST was close enough for me. It hauled my 18 ft runabout with ease and helped moved three kids out to college and back then out for good (I hope) with no complaints.

I was one of the original group of members to this forum and still enjoy visiting to see what’s up. I learned a lot from you all and received a great deal of help from many of the projects.

Thanks!

61,111 mi as of this morning on my 2003. No mechanical issues, yet. Aside from standard maintanance and aftermarket additions, I've only had two warranty issues that have been replaced - a peeling radio bezel and rusty bolts in the bed.

2002 4x4 with 55K. Cold weather alternator whine, replaced alt. under warranty @ ~30K. :cool:

2001 with 37k. (1) door lock rivet problem. Rear window motor go out and passenger back window motor go out. Window motor replacements during the first 3 years under warranty. Bad thermostat also under warranty.

'02 with ~79,000

DPFE Sensor (warrenty)

Passenger Side Fog Lamp (still in process)

Planetary Gears (warrenty)

Bed Cover Front Latch (still in process)

Drive Shaft (warrenty)

Tires

Front Brake Pads

Need to Change/Fix:

Driver's Bottom Cushion

High Brake Light

Small tear in console cover

01 Job 2 with 72k.

New Tires

New shocks

New plugs

New brakes x2