Humor--Stimulus Checks

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill V

Reaction score
Got this in my e-mail today. :D

How to use your IRS Rebate check:

As you have heard, most of us will be getting a rebate check to stimulate the economy. If we spend the money at Wal-Mart, all the money will go to China. If we spend it on gasoline, it will go to the Arabs. If we purchase a computer, it will go to India. If we purchase fruits & vegetables, it will go to Mexico, Honduras, & Guatemala. If we purchase a good car, it will go to Japan. If we purchase useless stuff, it will go to Taiwan. None of which will help the American Economy.

We need to keep that money here in America.

The only way to keep that money here at home is to spend it at Yard Sales since those are the only businesses left in the U.S.

SOOOOOO very true Bill V, but then the yard seller will just use it to go buy gas to go to WalMart! :lol:

i got the same email...except it said spend it on booze, tobacco, and prostitutes because they are the only homeland businesses still in opperation

I thought the economy was fine??

Why would the Bush administration need to stimulate the economy when they are the same group that claims that "we are not in a recession, and OUR economy is strong"

HIS economy may be fine.

What a Joke. Our buying power is down almost 50 percent under thier poor leadership. The dollar is weak. This paltry sum the "working people" of America get with this check, only scratches the surface of what has been drained from out property values, wages, and 401 k plans. Prescription costs (if you are the lucky few that still have benefits or jobs) are up, medical coverage, cost of living, income taxes, food. EVERYTHING! Oh, and of course gas prices. The biggest fleecing of America is still in full effect until November, when the people have another chance to vote for another 4 years of this good news, or some change.

Spend that check wisely friends, you have earned it. (about 50 times over)

Remember the election in 2006?

Thought you might like to read the following:

A little over a year ago:

1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high;

2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;

3) The unemployment rate was 4.5%.

Since voting in a Democratic Congress in 2006 we have seen:

1) Consumer confidence plummet ;

2) The cost of regular gasoline soar to over $3.50 a gallon;

3) Unemployment is up to 5% (a 10% increase);

4) American households have seen $2.3 trillion in equity value evaporate (stock and mutual fund losses);

5) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $1.2 trillion dollars;

6) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.

America voted for change in 2006, and we got it!

Remember it's Congress that makes law not the President. He has to work with what's handed to him.

I think you will see ,drug, gambling, tobacco, OTB, ETC, companies reaping the benefits from this.

I know mine is going to be Tires for the ST and money for louisville...

Todd Z

Frank, Roger ...

We need to vote both parties out the door!:angry:

As a lifelong registered republican that voted for Dem Zell Miller for Governor,

I feel my party has left me!:blink:

What happened to the Gingrich revolution? the Contract with America?

All those guys left congress

Newt, Kasick and the bunch...

We need...

Term Limits

Fair Tax

Balanced Budget Amendment

NOW!!!

I love Zell Miller -- too bad he pretty much destroyed any chance that he had in running for President when he gave the Keynote speech at the 2004 Republican Convention (He is a Democrat). That was an great speech though.

Rocks

I love Snopes. Great link, and very insightful. Sometimes I think we'd be betterwith a parliamentary government. No one party dominates, so they have to cooperate and form partnerships. Occasionally, the entire government resigns and elections for all offices are held. It sure would be nice to have a chance to clean house and start again with some new blood.

Latest posts