I finally found a Sport Trac !!

Help Support SportTrac.org:

Tombstones81

1st Gen Owner
Reaction score
Were those already Polished?!?!?!?!?!?!
See one Gen1 ST around here with Polished oem rims & they look Sweet~!
I have those type of rims on mine I swapped from my 01 st before junking it & tossed em on my 05.

Already been through the ringer sanding & polishing motorcycle aluminum parts this year.
So I have not bothered stripping the coating on mine & going through the hassle of sanding & polishing them.

If you didnt polish them & they didnt come from the factory like that.... thats another HUGE score!
Polishing aluminum to at least a decent shine is a Alot of work!
Hence why mine arent done yet hahahaha

(edit)

Okay, those are similar but not the same as mine.
& mine would be even harder to polish with those recessed sections :(

GHarvey

2005 XLT Adrenaline
Reaction score
Already polished ? As far as I know these are the original rims to the truck. They
were so bad I didn’t even know they were chrome until the dirt/grime/brake dust finally started to break free. I started with a spray on “no scrub” wheel cleaner which basically did absolutely nothing. After some you tube research I used some basic contractors solvent and a plastic firm-bristle tile grout brush. I spent about an hour on each rim but it was well worth it. I still need to go back and get some spots but the difference is amazing !

Tombstones81

1st Gen Owner
Reaction score
White Diamond Metal Polish works the very best out of any product or chemical I have used before.

Used white gas, kerosene, mothers & other products on my old 02 grand am oem chrome rims.
nothing got them fully clean, shining, or got rid of the rust in the corners fully until I used that.

original rims & the car had 240K at the time of these pics.

Heres after not cleaning them for at least a year (but already used the polish a few times before)
those little surface rust spots Used to be Very bad

& after.
240K miles & original, looked brand new until your right up on it to see the age.

Latest posts