I have two different control arms on my ST left/right

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom,, I bought my trac new, summer '04. If I remember it had about 8 miles on it. Manufactor date, Nov. '03...

I will get pics when it is daylight.

My 04 does NOT have them....

Both trucks bought new....

I believe Ford stopped this on 04 due to the washer advisability

Todd Z

My ST has the same UCA on both sides. Alot of the aftermarket replacements do not have the adjustable passenger side.

But they will soon be making there way to the trash can or another ST if someone buys my lift.:cool: My Dana 44 axle is almost complete, just a few more parts to buy:banana:

Last edited by a moderator:
The original right side arm was the 2 piece design that allowed caster adjustment on that side to "fine tune" the alignment. Both sides are fully addjustable with cam bolts at the upper control arm mounting points. I guess the engineers thought better of the design eventualy, because the factory replacement arm for the last few years has been the one piece design just like the left front.

It really was a nice feature, but when the ball joint wears out, we have no option but to go with the redesigned part.:(

Hal, You cant just install an aftermarket 2 peice... ??? That sucks.... Ohh well, I know Ford will never do the ball joints on my st.... :angry::angry:

Todd Z

Todd Z, FOMOCO only offers a one piece replacement.

Aftermarket may offer it, but other than in a custom tubular arm, I haven't seen one.

Latest posts