I need your help please!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
uh......all they want is a form of government or legitimant organization to show itas a SUV, If the State of Florida isn't considered a govenment and/or legit organization then something is gotta be wrong with the condo association . If the State classifies the ST it as a "utility" vehicle, hello there you have it. They want SUV, well Florida says it's a "Utility". Unless the Condo really starts being hard rear ends about it and want you to define "SPORT" and VEHICLE" , then I must just not want to live there, what's next you can't kiss your girl/wife outside when you or her are going off to work because it's a display of public affection.

Last edited by a moderator:
Believe me if this place didn't have a lot of benefits such as being on the intercoastal waterway with inexpensive boat dockage in Ft. Lauderdale I wouldn't be putting up with this stuff. If this doesn't happen I am going to loose the deal of the century.

Actually, whether the rule can be changed quickly depends upon how the by-laws are written. I am an officer of my homeowners association, and we have to get 75% agreement of all owners before any change can be made. Needless to say, there have been no changes since the by-laws were adopted, since there has never been 75% agreement on anything since the document was enacted 23 years ago. So if the by-laws of your potential neighborhood are as ignorant as ours is, your association may be stuck with no pickups.

Ask any three-year old if our trucks are pickups. They are not jaded by their egos or supposed legal knowledge, and will almost always tell the truth in matters like this.

I love my ST Pickup! :wub:

You might be able to use your state's vheicle registration. Some states will allow the Sport Trac to be registered as passenger vehicle like a car, SUV or mini-van. That means you do not have license plates that say "TRUCK" on them.

In Texas we can register a Sport Trac as a "Truck" or as an Passenger vehicle like and SUV or car. There is no difference in registration costs unless the vehicle is listed as a "Farm Vehicle" which has a much lower registration cost but there are other restrictions.

So if your state requires special "Truck" plate for pickup trucks but your Sport Trac does not have Truck plates, that would mean your state recognizes the Sport Trac as an SUV. If your state will only allow the Sport Trac to be registered as a "Truck", or gives you the option and you chose to register it as a Truck, then your registration will not work.

...Rich

well hear in British Columbia, Canada mine is considered a truck we have different plates that only trucks get, Cars, Vans, Suvs get - ABC 123 and Trucks get AB 1234 so i really do think a sport trac is considered a truck but good luck... geez id never buy into anything that had a strata council

Did you drive around the area and see if there are any other vehicles (STs or other) that may push the envelope on that rule?

Can you get an approval and/or written paperwork from the HOA board that the ST is legal in their eyes.

Odd rule considering 'boat people' tend to have trucks to haul them around when need be.

JT#14