i pulled the trigger today......

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary s

Reaction score
after weeks of thinking about replacing my 04 adren, i ordered an '07 today.

i went with a limited V-8 in dark stone metaliic, dark charcoal interior.

options are : lmtd electronics pkge, lmtd chrome pkge, lmtd conv pkge, navigation, satellite audio, cargo cage extend , power moonroof, safety canopy side curtain air bags, hard tonneau cover, power sliding rear window, leather seats.

the downside to this is that my rep at my leasing company, told me i won't see it until feb. 07, due to the fact that ford ( at least for fleet vehicle orders ), will not be built until mid- december. oh well, i guess i need to be a little patient !

also, i wan't to thank you guys for posting your 07 pics as i was undecided on the color choice. and thanks todd z for your input when i talked to you about the 07, i wanted your advise after you drove one for 700+ miles.

Last edited by a moderator:
it is a commercial lease. according to the g.e. fleet web site there will be none built until mid december and there are about 4 different weeks of plant closures. this was confirmed with the regional northeast ford rep. once again, i am not sure if it is because it is a fleet purchase or all are subject to this wait. the regional ford rep, stated that they wan't to move job 1 off the lots.

i would make sure the quote of 6-8 weeks is valid.

thanks

the ordering person is gone this week, but i should have a build date next week...i will say that because of some extenuating circumstances, my retail order got moved from priority 10 to priority 1, so that may affect the dates along the process

Ford stopping production soon. May be December or later.

From my dealer

RE: Twin Cities Commodity Information - Ford Week 40 October Production

2007 SPORT TRAC

Due to extensive plant downtime, some scheduled Sport Trac orders will show a TBD build date until Week #45 (November 9). In week #45 the order bank will be converted to Job 3 specifications and a build week will be assigned.

So we need to wait.

I am hoping to get mine delivered by the new year. I ordered it in May. The first one was built wrong so I had them reorder it a couple of weeks ago.

Checked the order status line today for an order I placed 9/15/06.

No VIN and NO scheduled build date assigned.

And Daeron, priority 1 is the lowest, why did they change it from 10?

Ah interesting. The droids on the order line told me that 1 is the lowest. Salesmen just simply lie anyway. It seems like the Ford organization as a whole is just filled with misinformation. Good luck with your order tho and keep us informed!

will do :) i never dealt with a salesman, just the ordering person (who doesn't get a commision on the sale), so no reason for her to lie to me :) that and she is a fellow Mustang owner (she's getting a GT500, so we chit chatted about all that too) :)

Got an email from the ordering person...my ST is scheduled to start being built the week of 11/6 and should be delivered before Thanksgiving Day :)