I RECOMMEND -> Hifonics ZXi 683 (6x8's)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Hart

Reaction score
FYI.... I hihgly recommend Hifonics ZXi 683 6x8 speakers for the doors in your SportTrac. and for just shy of $50 bucks delivered right to your door... the performance of these things is amazing!

Now my system is complete and balanced. And... on a budget!

ZEUS! Back in the day in my Camaro I had two Cerwin Vega - 12s the awesome ones with a Hifonics amp the back hatch broke the bass was so powerful. If you sat in the backseat and you were wearing glasses or a hat they would fly off you. Loved that system!

Last edited by a moderator:
Have had the MB Quart Reference speakers running through an Alpine 4 channel amp for a few years and like the sound.

John

Thanks. I always wondered about these. I've read some good things about them. I couldn't stand Kappas (no offense to those who like them). I'm currently onmy 3rd set of speakers (in about 1 year). I have the PG RSD comps, and like them a lot for the $ paid.

MB quart is a good company too. Their home audio stuff is great. I have heard good and bad things about car audio from them. I just got a moomba boat with a kenwood stereo and full kicker sound system. 6, 6(1/2) speakers in the cabin and 2 hanging from the tower for the person being pulled. I haven't gotten it in the water yet but have been playing with it in the drive way. I gotta say I was very surprised at the sound quality the kicker stuff had, especially at high volume. I have had kicker subs in the past that we mediocre to decent but have always shy'd away from their midrange stuff.

for the money, I've always liked Image Dynamics and Polk. I usually end up with JL audio though. Tried and true for me. Would need a front stage amp or they actually sound worse than stock imo.

I ran MB Quart back in the day -- when they were still made in Germany. Some don't like the harshness of the titanium tweets. It depends on your taste. They still make some good stuff. Hifonics, MB Quart, Autotek, and Crunch are all owned by Maxxsonics.

Personal preference guys. We all own Trac's with the same basic layout. ('01-'10)

IMO, a very "live" sounding vehicle. Very little dampening in stock form, with large reflective surfaces. (Large windows, roof, bare floor, etc.)

6 x 8 speakers move a very limited amount of air. If you want real bottom, sub enclosures and clean power are your only option.

Last edited by a moderator:
As an experiment, I also ordered a Hifonics BRUTUS 12" Sub and built a 1.75 cu. ft. Ported enclosure to sit right behind the driver on the 40-side of the 60/40 rear seat. It's being powered by a HITRON HA-1000.1 which claims 600 W RMS and it's low-lows are awesome. However it's high bass tones aren't as good as the Pioneer Shallow Mount makes. But I expected that. There's a certain frequency it really doesn't like... but I suspect I need to fiddle more with the LPF on the amp to chop-out high-bass freqs it shouldn't be getting.

The ZEUS 6x8's though sound TONS better than the Pioneer's I had in there. Somewhere in the A-line... not the DS Premier line like swshawaii has in in his.