My new to me sport trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The squeak is coming from the body bushings. I replaced them all with OEM rubber but some are using composite bushings that don’t wear as quickly.
Actually found the source of the clunk and squeak. It was the left lower ball joint and the lca bushings.

Well the 5mm wheel spacers moves the wheels out just enough to get about 1/8" clearance between front tires and uca/balljoints. I personally dislike spacers, they are a bit finicky about tightening torque and sequence, but its just temporary till i get the new shocks and rear shackles. I decided not to go with the torch key & add a leaf. Truck rides rough enough without stiffening up the rear further. So im just going to do the torsion twist and 2" shackles with rancho lifted shocks. Should be more than enough to clear 265/75r16s. Not lifting it for offroading, im a big guy and just want it to be easier to get in and out of.

I have used spacers for years on my jeeps with zero issues, as long as you check torque, just like new wheels they work great. I am taking my lift off and putting it back to stock for easier use and looking to run a little above stock tires and stock wheels like you mentioned.

Well the 5mm wheel spacers moves the wheels out just enough to get about 1/8" clearance between front tires and uca/balljoints. I personally dislike spacers, they are a bit finicky about tightening torque and sequence, but its just temporary till i get the new shocks and rear shackles. I decided not to go with the torch key & add a leaf. Truck rides rough enough without stiffening up the rear further. So im just going to do the torsion twist and 2" shackles with rancho lifted shocks. Should be more than enough to clear 265/75r16s. Not lifting it for offroading, im a big guy and just want it to be easier to get in and out of.
I’m running that size tires with my 2004 with only new aftermarket leaf springs and running the torsion bars up to level it. The ride is smooth and there’s no problems with alignment.

I just got my st back from the alignment shop this afternoon. Man the difference it the way it handles with all new ball joints, tie rods and an alignment. I wanted to wait until i got everything done to get an alignment, but with it in the mid to upper 90s here, i needed my truck with ac. I love my old f250, and its fine for driving the 2.5 miles from the house to work, but want my ac for driving to church and town.

I’m running that size tires with my 2004 with only new aftermarket leaf springs and running the torsion bars up to level it. The ride is smooth and there’s no problems with alignment.
I did look into new leaf springs for the rear at one point, but appearantly sd truck springs is out of business now. I do think that when i do the shackle install, i'll replace leaf spring bushings while im in there. Ball joint press works great for doing leaf spring bushings i have found out. And axle pivot bushings on the ttb 50 in an obs f250.

I have used spacers for years on my jeeps with zero issues, as long as you check torque, just like new wheels they work great. I am taking my lift off and putting it back to stock for easier use and looking to run a little above stock tires and stock wheels like you mentioned.
Yeah these seem to be fine. I got them from amazon. I will be running stock size wheels(16x7) but they are the black daytona or wagon wheels from vision. Either going to order a set of the lt265/75r16s thats on my f250, or im going to order some lt285/75r16s to put on the f250 and put its 265s on the st. I get my tires from tirerecappers.com the company is in Nashville, and the tires are not recaps, they are remolds, like treadwright tires. Difference is these are tread only remolds whereas treadwrights are bead to bead remolds.
1000001547.jpg

Last edited: