I'm not buying this Bode Miller crap......

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank Marano

Reaction score
He has had 3 chances to show his abilities and two of those times he failed to even finish the event......step up and put your abilites where your mouth is. I cant believe Nike is backing this guy......:wacko:

Kind of like the hype for those guys Dan and Dave. Remember those guys I think they were in decathalon. All hype and no show. Good thing he got paid before.

There has been alot of that going around. I hope the US takes a look at who and how these people got there. I know they had to win matches and races but what the hell? So far we have had 1 drop out (that should have never been there to begin with), 1 lose because she decided to show off, 1 lose because he missed the damn bus and it threw his "MOJO" off, and then countless others that let the hype go to thier head and thought everyone was going to just lay down and let them win. I am becomming a huge fan of Curling!!! At least I know the US sucks at it so I'm not expecting much.:lol:

Frank,

Have you bought their calendar yet? See the link for more info.

I agree with you on Bode. Seems he didn't go there for medals, but to drink and party instead. :angry:

Bode is definately capable to win a medal. Just look at his world cup wins he has. With him though his style of skiing is go all out and some of the time this leads him to fall or miss a gate or whatever it is. The media though is the one that has brought all the hype about all of the athletes you hear about as being the favorites. Things happen when competeing and now it is the athletes faults for not living up to the medias expectations. Many of them might not of ever been able to win a medal with their abilities and the media brings it out like they are some of the best in the world, when they really never had a chance to win a medal.

Sort of like getting on the cover of Sports Illustrated - the dreaded curse. :eek:

Seems like whenever they do a segment highlighting an athelete, they almost always fumble.

Sort of like getting on the cover of Sports Illustrated - the dreaded curse. :eek:

Seems like whenever they do a segment highlighting an athelete, they almost always fumble.

Stonermiser & Fmarano, curling is the only thing I've watched so far in this olympics! I don't know why but I find myself addicted to it!:wacko:

I think he's full of himself.

Whatever happened to athletes like Bonnie Blair, Dan Jansen, and Carl Lewis? THey were fun to watch and definately inspiring.

The only ones I can think of now that fit that mold are Apolo Anton Ohno and Jey Cheek.

After seeing him recover on that downhill run, I know he can ski. That was pretty athletic. Medal or not I think he deserves to be at the olympics. The media is his enemy.

C

First, the girl who lost the gold for showing off was not thinking. That happens when athletes are as young as these are today. Also, if you understand the culture of snowboarding, you would EXPECT a little flair on the jump at that point.

How quickly we forget that we used to be a joke at the Winter Olympics and a gold medal was a shocker. Rmemebr the US hockey team???

Now, because we don't sweep the snowboard finals or miss a gate during a ski race, there must be some problem. The problem is the media glare and hype which reveals the razor thin margins of victory in thee events.

Apolo? I think getting your hand hung in the skate of the guy in front of you is more boneheaded than missing a gate in Alpine combined.

I think the reason Nike is backing Bode Miller is because U.S. intelligence sources told them that he was a sure thing... :lol

Wow, I didn't know that competing at an elite level and winning a gold against the best competition the world has to offer was so easy.

What are all of you couch potatos doing on your computers instead of winning gold in Turin?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know each side has a pretty good argument.

As for Bode, I think it was pretty odd to switch to a brand new ski right before an event. I would assume they would stick to tried and true. I recall another member switching back to the old skiis after Bode's run. As for his other mishap, missing a gate is a relatively common occurance. I mean when cutting that close you could always catch an edge (again on the new skiis) and turn too sharp.

For the snowboarder, it was a silly mistake, but it can pretty much be assured she won't make that mistake again, and neither will the rest of the team.

Apolo was bad luck too, putting his hand down in a turn is common, a skate that happened to be there isn't. Once again, he won't make that mistake again.

A few of our young, American athletes in Torino, like Bode Miller are showing that hard work, dedication, honor, commitment, sacrifice and responsibility are all out-dated and lost on today's American's youth; and that instead, America's youth are more into themselves; have a "look at me" attitude, and pretty much GIVE UP at the least sign of adversity.

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts