I'm ready for Rand Paul

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To say that the US should make laws based on Christian beliefs and criticizing Saudi Arabia for not allowing women to drive is logically incoherent. That's part of my argument with saying that you can't legislate morality. Do you legislate based on Amish, Catholic or Episcopalian Christian beliefs? The lines are arbitrary.

The other part is saying that we have laws against public drunkenness, sodomy, illicit drugs, using aerosol cans in a manner not indicated on the packaging, etc. Laws against such are simply useless. Public awareness and knowledge are more effective against immoral acts than regulations.

For example, I doubt the number of people who smoke marijuana in Colorado has increased. The same people that were smoking while it was illegal are just doing so legally now. Not to say that there won't be an effect on the youth growing up in that state, but it will still boil down to a moral and health decision each individual will have to make. People in this country either smoke marijuana because they like to or they don't because they don't like to (or they could lose their job). Very few choose not to smoke pot because it is illegal. The only market factor is drug testing in the workplace; supply meets demand.

:back2topic: I think Rand Paul has his priorities on big picture problems and solutions in this country.

Last edited by a moderator: