Infinity or Alpine speakers???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Pedersen

Reaction score
I am trying to choose between the type-S Alpine compnents and the Infinity reference components...

They will be powered by a 40w per channel RMS Alpine amp. I've heard the Alpine tweeters are a bit harsh but the Infinity's may need more power. I've listened in the store but would like to hear from anyone who's heard them in a ST. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Infinity's tend to be a bit more bright then the Alpines. If you've got good low ends, the Infinitys may be a better match.

It all depends on the rest of your system and how well you tune it.

I have the Infinity Kappas in my Mustang and am using a Phoenix Gold Xenon 200.4 (200w x 4 rms) and It is very loud and clean. I love it!:wub:

If you are going with the type-s then go with the infinity's. If you are willing to upgrade to Type-R's then get those. Its what I have and they are easily the best speakers I have ever bought

I would also say the infinity's (aftermarket ones anyways...). I pulled the "factory" infinity's out of my wife's Chrysler 300M Special and replaced them with the Alpine Type s. Sounded way better than that crap they try to pawn off as Infinity.. If you can go with the type-r though, do that...