Invisible Glass - WOW!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff C

Reaction score
Okay, since my biological clock has messed me up, at least until school starts, I now wake up at 4:30am pretty much every day. Yesterday I splurged at Walmart knowing I hadn't washed my ST in about 2 months (don't flame me) and after getting my new rims on, I decided to take a day off of work. 2 months of interstate grime, ya know, bugs, dirt, etc has built up, and I wanted to test this stuff out after reading on here about it. I dried off the dew on the windshield, and sprayed on a light coat of the Invisible Glass. I really have no words to describe how well it works, I barely had to scrub at all and the stuff just fell off the windshield. The degreaser and acid at the car wash where I used to work didn't even work this well. This stuff worked so well I was trying to clean smudges that were inside the windshield...From the outside! My only thoughts were that I'm never using Windex again! This stuff is amazing and anyone who doesn't have it should pick it up next time they plan on washing their vehicle.

Oh, I also got some new wiper blades...first ones I've bought in at least 2 years, so I went with some "Triple Edge" 20" and 19" blades. Put 2 coats of wax on the windshield, installed the new wipers, and it all looks nice and clean. Just wanted to share my experience with this new glass cleaner.

I know what you mean- It's good stuff. Don't feel bad about how long since you last washed. i spent most of yesterday cleaning inside and out. Wash and wax done. I use Rain-X on my windshield- and the Rain-X washer fluid.

I feel your pain on hte washing..... I did mine the other day--it had been over a month. The brake dust was a bear to get off the polished aluminum wheels. I'll have to try the new glass cleaner, and I ditto MarkG--I use the rainex washer fluid.... that stuff is great. Puts a coating just like rainex on the glass, and the water just flies off when driving. I can get away with not even using wipers alot of the time.

Thanks for the recommendation. I have heard commercials for it and have wondered how well it works. Looks like I need to go get a bottle.

Tommy

Maybe they improved the formula since I last used it some years ago, I wasn't impressed by "Invisible glass". If you can find "Sprayway" glass cleaner, it's the best I've found. It's kind of hard to find, I get it at a glass shop near my home. I think it can be found at janitor supply stores as well. Just my two cents.

I found that it streaks glass unless you use newspaper. Plain paper towels didn't work. Once I got rid of the streaks however it seemed to work well.

Paper towels work ok if you buy the plain white towels... not the ones with the 'frilly' prints. The dyes used for the prints on the towels is to blame for the streaking.

Newspaper won't leave any ink behind. That's an old trick my dad taught me years ago. Newspaper is the best thing to use when cleaning windows.

>> Newspaper won't leave any ink behind. That's an old trick my dad taught me years ago. Newspaper is the best thing to use when cleaning windows.

The BEST thing huh...there is NOTHING better...You have tried EVERYTHING? ;-)

I have used newspaper before because old timers told me the same thing. As heather said, it gets your hands filthy, and it does leave some particles from the edges...I dunno, I like to use no-print hand towels, like those you find in bathrooms (sort of a gray/brown color).

TJR

With regard to my streaking comment, I tried using non-patterned paper towels and Sam's Club white shop towels. The can specifically says not to use paper towels as I recall. The terry cloth towel wasn't recommended because most of these clothes have been laundered in detergent and the can says not to use towels washed in detergents either. That's how I ended up with the newspaper. It's easy to see the streaking if you apply it to one of the tinted windows (I started on one of the fixed rear windows). I personally didn't end up with much ink on my hands by using the newspaper.

Oh, well I was using brand spankin new towels. Bought myself 32 of em last night, 4 8packs, so they haven't been washed yet.

Ahh, the fruits of my labor...

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

WAR DAMN EAGLE!

[Broken External Image]:

Nice trac- don't feel bad about not washing- I have never washed my '03. I run it through a car wash when I can't really tell its:cool: bright yellow anymore.

Just used Invisible Glass yesterday for first time and I agree, it works so easy and cleans excellent. I also used microfiber towels, no streaks whatsoever.

Latest posts