Is Arizona the nation's capital for hate, anger, rhetoric and vitriol?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas Rogers

Reaction score
All I can say is that I saw this one coming. I recognize all the facts arent in, but it seems that this is another case not unlike Timothy McVeigh. Unfortunately there will always be unstable people. However, the anger and polarization that is rampant in this nation feeds the psychosis of such people until they actually believe that they are patriots and actions like yesterdays come out.

Those that can't see past their hate, that cant unemotionally talk about an issue, that cant attempt to understand anothers point-of-view even if they dont agree with it; they are killing this country. Those that think in black and white terms, that can't reach across the aisle, that can't meet in the middle, and that would rather finger-point than work towards solutions are going to tear down this great nation from within.

Both sides are to blame.

Can we get past the bullshit and focus on the problems? Arizona is showing us more to come, if we don't change!

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
I always got the impression that Florida was the center of political extremes. I know some gung-ho righties AND lefties in Florida and it seems like they're always on the verge of killing each other on a daily basis. Their rhetoric to each other gets pretty intense.

I live in north-west Arizona and while I'll admit that it's not my favorite place I think characterizing it as the "Nation's capital for hate, anger, rhetoric and vitriol" is unfair. Like most folks that live hear, I hate that this has happened and has once again brought a negative light on the State. It's not fair to judge an entire State by a few whack-jobs that make the news.

Don't shoot the messenger.... I didn't come up with the label. I heard it on the news this morning.

Even nut jobs need care, feeding, inspiration and a misguided cause.

- think there is some blame to go around here. I know that probably isn't a popular belief, but then, few ever really want to think that their actions or lacktherof contributed to this kind of thing.

TJR

BEST POST OF THE YEAR:

All I can say is that I saw this one coming. I recognize all the facts arent in, but it seems that this is another case not unlike Timothy McVeigh. Unfortunately there will always be unstable people. However, the anger and polarization that is rampant in this nation feeds the psychosis of such people until they actually believe that they are patriots and actions like yesterdays come out.

Those that can't see past their hate, that cant unemotionally talk about an issue, that cant attempt to understand anothers point-of-view even if they dont agree with it; they are killing this country. Those that think in black and white terms, that can't reach across the aisle, that can't meet in the middle, and that would rather finger-point than work towards solutions are going to tear down this great nation from within.

Both sides are to blame.

Can we get past the bullshit and focus on the problems? Arizona is showing us more to come, if we don't change!

TJR

The way I see it, it all starts in Washington, DC with the politicians bickering and pointing fingers at the other side, and getting absolutely nothing done. Whenever that happens, some misguilded citizens will start to take things into their own hands. This time it was in Arizona, before it was in Oklahoma City. The next time it might be in your hometown.

The American people are under a lot of economic stress and the politicians are only making matter worse instead of better. The get voted into office and they think they have been declared and Emperor or a God, and that they have the mandate of the people. The nation is so polarized that most of them only got elected by a slim margin over their opponents so it is not really a mandated of the people and their every thought or idea is necessarily a good one.

Unfortunately, I think that things are going to get a lot more caotic before they get better...if they even do get better.

Kind of ironic that I just read the other day that the US was giving Pakistan a few more $ Million or was it Billion in aide to help them fight terrorists yet we just said a month ago that they were not doing enough. Why are we paying them to do nothing to save their own country. They are only using the money to line their pockets so when things really get out of hand they can run in exile an live a life of luxury.

...Rich

Don't shoot the messenger.... I didn't come up with the label. I heard it on the news this morning.

Of all the people to blindly quote something they "heard on the news"....

Both sides are to blame.

That's a bit like saying "Both men and women get breast cancer." Yeah, sure, technically it's true--but in both cases, we all know that for the most part, the problem happens primarily on the one side of the population.

As long as you are blaming politics for the actions of a sick individual, why don't you just blame Obama. He has about as much to do with this as anyone else.

...or, we could just hold this one nutcase responsible for his actions.

If Arizona is a hotbed for domestic terrorists, can we invade? Perhaps a blockade of the borders by the National Guard is in order to ensure these extremists don't leak out into the surrounding states (the only way Obama would justify protecting borders).

Let's label everyone in Arizona and fear them. Was he a Tea Party member? That would be rich. A member of the NRA? How about a member of a Christian church? There are so many directions we can go to place blame. Ready, set, go...!

Bill V,

I wasn't blindly quoting anything. What I heard echoed with what I was already thinking about the incident and the issues of that state hours before I heard, and re-heard the quote. Of all people to "assume" something... LOL

Les,

I am not singularly blaming the politics for the actions of a sick individual. Clearly the individual here is ultimately to blame.

But until we recognize that ALL of this sh!t that is going on and all of the negative attitudes in main st, wall st, and Penn ave are feeding sickos like this then not much will change (IMHO).

All it takes is a sick, feable, weak mind to be told by someone else, or by him or herself that SOMEONE ELSE is to blame for their problems, or that SOMEONE LESE should be "taken out" to make things better. It starts with a climate of fear, mistrust, and desperation; desparation that things can't change any other way that through extraordinary measures (e.g. violence).

Much of the rhetoric around illegals is fear, mistrust and desperation. Rather than solve the problem, rhetoric flies and gets things whipped up.

We (all of us, and our leaders) have created the climate.

That's the way I see it.

Yes, I blame this sicko. Yes, I blame the 9-11 hijackers. Yes, I blame Timothy McVeigh. But they all have something in common. For whatever reason, they were each in a climate in which they actually FELT that what they were doing was rightous, and the best way to make a point and to bring about change (okay, I am conjecturing about this latest sicko, but so far that seems the motive).

When communication, civility, and respectful discourse all go out the window, this kind of stuff happens. If we don't recognize that, and make our leaders accountable to us, and require that they be able to communicate, to work together, and to get things done (here and in throughout the world), then this will continue to happen!

TJR

This guy was a nutjob, plain and simple, and there are nutjobs on both sides. That being said, politically motivated violence almost always comes from the Left. This guy was pissed off because the Congresswoman wasn't Liberal enough for his taste, we are also learning that he frequented some anti-Semetic websites and groups, and Rep. Giffords is Jewish. So there could be a number of factors at work here.

JohnnyO,

I feel that's part of the problem. Attitudes such as this guy was a nutjob, and that such is the "plain and simple" truth can tend to sweep under the carpet the potentially bigger issue here. That issue is that things continue to get worse. Our government is essentially gridlocked, our people are not represented, and shit just keeps getting worse.

Essentially, Rome is burning, and when we see citizens like this running down the street "on fire", we essentially look the other way and say: "well there will always be people that catch on fire!...no big deal!"

Rome is burning...

TJR

That being said, politically motivated violence almost always comes from the Left.

:bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha:

Bill V...if that's the best comeback you have, I guess I struck a nerve. it's true, look up examples. The Tea Party chills out and talks about smaller government. It's the Left that riots and throws rocks and bottles, like the G-20 protesters here last year and the students and unions in Europe upset that the gravy train might be ending.

In the latest case though, the guy was mentally ill.

it's true, look up examples. The Tea Party chills out and talks about smaller government. It's the Left that riots and throws bottles, like the G-20 protesters here last year and the students and unions in Europe upset that the gravy train might be ending.

Indeed. There might be a few examples of what could be labled as violence from linked to Right-wing people or groups, but history and the facts show that the vast majority of this kind of violence is perpetrated by those on the Left.

Examples:

* Lee Harvey Oswald-Avowed Communist/Communist Sympathizer

* Major Hassan-Fort Hood shooter/Islamic Extremist/Terrorist

* Pentagon Shooter John Patrick Bedell,-Registered Democrat (<A HREF="http://michellemalkin.com/2010/03/05/about-the-pentagon-shooter/">John Patrick Bedell was a registered Democrat</A>

* James Lee - Radical environmentalist responsible for the armed holdup at the Discovery Channel. Owner of SaveThePlanetProtest.com

* Ted "The Unibomber" Kaczynski - Leftist who was at one time a professor at Berkeley. He became a loon because developers destroyed the forest, that Ted did not own, around his home to develop.

* Joseph Andrew Stack - Flew his single-engine plane into an IRS building in a suicide crash. Anti-Catholic Church, anti-Bush lefty.

* <A HREF="http://www.politicalbyline.com/2009/08/07/seiu-thugs-beat-black-conservative-activist//">SEIU Thugs Beat Black Conservative Activist</A>

And while she hasn't actually, directly committed an act of violence, it's certainly true that the Communist-sympathizing, treasonous, traitor Jane Fonda's actions resulted in violence against Americans in the form of torturing POW's and combat casualties.:angry: Yet, she was quick to jump on Twitter and blame Palin & Beck for the shooting without basing said blame on any facts whatsoever.:throwup:

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iXbeq6Rt6Z0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iXbeq6Rt6Z0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Latest posts