It's been a while, questions about '07s

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daisy Franzeo

Reaction score
It's been a long time since I've posted a message on here, but I've been lurking off and on (especially since I got my eyes on the new 2007). I have to say, the new ST is growing on me more and more everyday:wub:! I'm planning on trading my '03 in on one within the next 6 - 12 months. I want to wait until atleast most of the 'flaws' of new design are figured out (usually around the time Job 2 comes out). I don't remember if my '01 was a Job 1 or Job 2, but the leather was horrific, and the problem is fixed in my '03. There's only one thing I'm not big on with the 2007 . . . the color selection, or lack thereof. My favorite at the time is the Black Cherry . . . but it's TOO common (I have a zinc yellow right now and standing out has grown on me). With that said, here's the question I have . . .

* Are they coming out with Job 2 STs this year?

* When?

* Are they adding more a color selection?

* When?

* What colors?

* Anyone with a '07 find any 'flaws' yet? Mechincal or cosmetic?

Thansk is advance!! :)

The Job 2 I believe start production on June 5. This is when the power rear window is beginning to be built. I've also heard late July as a Job 2 date. I pulled up an old post about the color selection of the new 07.

The job 2s are scheduled for July 31st. June 5th is when folks are being told the power rear window will begin production. R posted that Dark Amethyst, Alloy and Orange Frost will be available then. Evidently the sage and white chocolate did not make it.

I too would be interested in any issues with '07s so far. I want to put in an order for a Job 2 sometime in July. I'm still not sure of the color. Blue, or possibly alloy. I have not seen alloy, but it is supposed to be between black and the dark shadow gray available on other Ford models. Unfortunately, the Dark Cherry and Mineral Gray, two of my favorites, are not going to be available for Job 2. I have a silver '02, and I pulled up next to a silver '06 Explorer (same silver as '07 ST) and walked around and compared them. I preferred the silver on my '02. The new silver has a satin finish look to it. Not too bad, but I prefer the older silver.

There was no way Ford would've marketed a paint color under "White chocolate". I'm anxious to see how Alloy looks though.

Looks like with those choices, I'd have to choose probably either Orange Frost or Dark Amethyst (if I'm picturing them in my head correctly). Then again, I do have an odd obsession with cows, I could get white and have black spots custom painted on it? Sorry, I just NEED something unique, it shows off how . . . unique I am!

Looks like with those choices, I'd have to choose probably either Orange Frost or Dark Amethyst (if I'm picturing them in my head correctly). Then again, I do have an odd obsession with cows, I could get white and have black spots custom painted on it? Sorry, I just NEED something unique, it shows off how . . . unique I am!

I just got back from the local Ford dealer...there was a BEAUTIFUL '07 Trac, Black...4x4...leather...and loaded! :D

It was tempting, but it didn't have the power rear window. The splash of chrome looked real sharp on that black truck! :wub:

I'm thinking my 02 4x4 could be getting replaced around year end. :cool:

I ordered a new ST on either Tuesday or wednesday and I picked out all my options. The saleman asked if there was anything I would like to change or add and I remembered to ask about the back window. He said he though they were available. He entered in the code and it was. So it is in the computer with Ford, waiting to be built.

My question is will my new ST have the new door handles, or the new radio with the MP3 auxillary jack? It's not a big deal for me and I didn't even notice the door handles as awkward getting in, or out, but the radio would be nice. Since I'm getting the power down back window does it automatically mean it is a job 2. If anyone knows the answer to this question or has a theory please share. I'm just curious. Thanks