Just saw a Sport Trac get hit head on!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Mixon

Reaction score
Had I inched out a bit, it could have been me. Unfortunately, another Sport Trac was in the path of some idiot in a Toyota ( I think).

The Sport Trac was rolling to a stop in a turn lane when the oncoming car tried to "hop scotch" his traffic to advance to his turn lane. This dolt didnt see/hit his brakes until about 10-15 feet from impact. I guesstimate he was doing 40mph when he hit.

On the upside. The Sport Trac looked pretty good, considering. Both headlights were operating but I didn't notice if the air bag had deployed (was getting dark out). The other car however, looked like it was a head on collision...totaled. While I was calling 911 both drivers got out to walk it off. When I ask if they were ok the ST driver looked at my ST smiled and said "this truck holds up well". The dumbass who hit him looked like he was still working on what 2 plus 2 equals.

The irony was, I was just pulling out of the bank from paying off my '04 ST! I'm getting sick just thinking how close I came to getting nailed. I think I would have beat the crap out of the guy. Anyway, I gotta go chill out, my adrenaline is still pumping.

Drive safe people.

Our sporttrac was involved in a head on style, flat front collision, and they did NOT total the truck. Was repaired and drives/tracks better than new.[Broken External Image]:

I was the one hit. Kevin in Chicago. I am the one with the snowplow on my truck. Well the Toyota hit that part of my truck very hard & totaled his car. I was not without some damage, I will find out tommorrow. Hitting the snowplow mount so hard bent my front frame rails down about an inch. No damage seen to the snowplow mount itself (it is 1/4 inch plate steel) but the impact did take out a fog light and my front plastic bumper. One headlight faces down a bit now but the truck drives fine. No airbag deployment. I stopped by Rod Baker Ford in Plainfield. They think that with 94,000 miles and frame damage it might be totaled. I hope not, I took good care of this truck hoping to go 250,000 miles. The other driver was OK but he only spoke Polish. He had State Farm and even though my insurance on this truck is with my company, my other cars are with State Farm. I saw him comming for about 4 seconds before impact. I kept thinking DAMN CAN'T YOU SEE ME !. I was stopped when he hit.

Kevin

Glad you and the other guy were not injured. Sucks about your truck, I hope its not a loss. If you need a witness for any reason, just let me know.

Eric

Tabjo I have to agree. Lucky you-- Kevin in Chicago & Glad you are ok!

Wayne your trac looks maaaarvalous! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I had one bid today of $5500. Said the truck needs a whole new frame. The wreck was 100% the other car's fault. I guess my ST's days are now numbered. I just ordered an 06 f-150 FX4 dark blue with black cloth captains chairs as a supercrew. I refuse to drive a truck that will have to be completely taken apart and reassembled on another frame. A dealer in St. Louis that I have dealt with for 15+ years will give me $5000 as is on trade. I will put the insurance money down also. The truck still drives fine. I could have the frame pulled out & straightened and the bumper fixed like new for $2500 but I guess it really isn't worth the time and hassle on my part. 24 hours ago my truck was probably worth $15000 and I am pissed that after taking really good care of it for nearly 100,000 miles, it gets screwed up in one quick moment of innattention by another driver in a crap box. I will transfer the snowplow to the F-150. I guess this is my last post. I will drive the ST until the F-150 arrives on special order. I thought I was at my truck's half way point but instead it is the end. --- Kevin

AWW bummer Kevin, you don't have to make this your last post...lots of f150 owners still post on this forum and the f150 forum :) cheer up! You'll love that 06!

Kevin, make sure you check out F150online.com Lots of info on there.