Keyless entry/mirror question/door lock update

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 62851

Reaction score
So today I changed the shocks in my truck because they really needed. Well I left my keys in my pocket and broke the keyless entry plastic that loops to the key ring. Is this something that is pretty easy to replace, as being the plastic or would I need to get a whole new clicker. Also would it be better just to get online or at dealer?

Also, my power mirrors haven't worked for a year. I just got around to replacing the mirror switch and well, that didn't fix the problem. I checked my Haynes book to see where the fuse is located but, there isn't information saying which one it is. I checked my ranger Haynes book and it says fuse location one. I checked the fuse there and it isn't burnt out. So, first is it a different number than location one, or does this mean maybe I need new mirror motors or mirrors. I find it odd that both mirrors don't work with a new switch.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty easy to replace the fob housing, you can find them on Amazon for about $6. You just change over your electronics.

About your mirrors, the first thing I'd do is check for voltage at the switch. Both broken at the same time is suspicious.

I have seen the fob housings at oriely's for $8 to $10.

About mirrors. If the voltage is at the switch. Try manualy moving them out of your range. Then see if they will work. sometimes over yrs they get out of place. We adjust them. Eventualy they get out of range on the motor ratcheting movent. It has happened to me at car washes, in the up and down, also side to side.

So I purchased new clickers on amazon. Got 2 of them for $8. Just got them today. Came with a piece of paper with a link on it, that would tell me how to program the clickers. Has anyone used this mode before, or is there another way to do it? Also I still have another clicker that isn't broken. If I program these two new ones, can I keep the original old one or no?

The mirrors, I don't have a voltage tool, but just incase I tried moving the mirrors around with my fingers a little bit and then tried the switch and it didn't work. Guess one day will have to figure that out.

Um just recently noticed that when I put the truck in drive, the doors aren't auto locking, like they used to do>? They lock when I hit the switch, but not automatically when in drive. Any ideas about that?

your owners manual has a section on how to enable and disable the auto lock feature.

Latest posts