Kudos for Vanbortel Ford...again

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Bater

Reaction score
Another note about my favorite Ford dealer.

I took my Mother there last fall to help her buy her new car and she was treated wonderfully and they made the buying experience easy for me, you know what it can be like helping your parent out..:wacko:

Well she went back this past Monday to get a copy of the sales receipt so she could use the sales tax on her state tax return. It was her birthday, Mom turned 72, on Wednesday and while there she noticed birthday balloons around the owner's, Kitty Van Bortel's, desk. She went over to ask if it was her birthday and it was so my Mother congratulated her and told her that hers was also last week. After a little, my Mother went back to working with the gentleman she worked with before and got the receipt. While doing this Kitty had a dozen roses delivered and my Mother went back to congratulate her then finished her business. As she was leaving, Kitty came over to my Mother and gave her the dozen roses and wished her a Happy Birthday. She said she would probably get more and wanted my Mother to have these.

My Mother has been telling everyone. She was so surprised at the kindness of what you could call a stranger that she has been smiling all week.

To make my Mother that happy and keeping her from calling me most days because she is bored or so, Kitty deserves a medal!:)

I would say that is the BEST example of going the Extra Mile or going BEYOND Expectations!

I agree...

Todd Z

That's great to hear. Some dealers understand! A little customer service goes a long way way towards making satisfied customers who then become repeat customers. If i get an '07 I may have to see about going through them.:D

Sure beats the Wilkes-Barre dealer, Coccia Ford, who asked me, "Why don't you take your vehicle to the dealer where your purchased it?" in the process of a disagreement about warranty coverage. At the end of the day, Coccia did not care that my Trac was still under the 3/36, but rather, that they had to fix something they did not sell.

It's good to know that there are still a few decent dealers out there.

Oh yeah! That is where I want to buy my new 07 ST from. I have researched a lot of information on the 07 ST, and have found that VanBortel Ford cannot be beat for what they stand for; A great price, customer service, and a great owner that knows how to succeed. I got a brochure from them in four days whereas I couldn't even get one from here in Dallas Texas at a number of dealers in over a few weeks. Along with the brochure I received a history of Ms. Van Bortel's rise to success, and it was an amazing experience to read how she came to be so successful. With a graet price and an unheard of 100,000 mile Ford factory warranty for free, it is a no-brainer as to where I will look first!

:D:):wub::cool:

I've purchased from both sides of the VanBortel house - Subaru and Ford, and I have nothing but high marks for the courtesy, knowledge and after-sales care I've gotten there. I've met Kitty a couple times, and she is gracious and appreciative of the fact that you want to buy her product (well, OK, Ford's...).

They definitely have my future business...

Latest posts