LAPTOP MEMORY QUESTION

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob moore 2

Reaction score
have a acer aspire 3500.

according to Crucial.com Each memory slot can hold DDR PC3200,DDR PC2700 with a maximum of 1GB per slot.*

Circuit city has a good deal on Kingston Technologies 1GB PC2-4200 DDR2 SDRAM Laptop Memory

will the one from CC work on my machine?

thanks

rob

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you need SODIMM memory. Looks like the memory you are quoting is for desktop PC's.

Tom

I think you may have an issue. That memory is for a laptop, but it is DDR2. Not sure if DDR2 is compatable with DDR memory.

Tom

DDR2 memory is not compatible with a computer designed for DDR. Since DDR2 and now DDR3 are taking over, DDR memory is getting more expensive and harder to find.

George

The Kingston memory shown on the Circuit City website is Laptop memory. However you need to check your manual or on the Acer website as to whch type of memory your computer needs.

SDRAM and SODIMM are not interchangable Either the SDRAM or the SODIMM wil fit in the memory slots of the computer, but only the correct one will actually work. So you need to know which kind your PC requires.

..Rich

I have had good luck with an ebayer named 'memorylabs'. I've purchased from them on a few occassions and have yet to have a problem.

Below is a link to one of their Acer 3500 sticks...

Maybe it is just me. The few times I used kingston ram. The computers actually slowed down. Never had any problem from crucial..

Latest posts