Led turning signal

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being bright isn't what he's talking about. I was drving behind some guy with LED bulbs in his lenses and I couldn't tell they were on. They only lit up at certain angles which is dangerous IMO. Stock vehicles are different cause they are designed for it, not some little $5 LED bulb.

Ever seen Tahoe/Suburbans with those altezzas where its just three small red circles in a line? Ever seen those with those parts-store LED bulbs? That should be illegal.

JK II

If you could not see the LED lights, perhaps they were not on !!

LED's are highly visible straight-on and at off-angle to about 45-60 degrees. At those extreme angles, you are not in danger because you are not behind the guy, you are in the other lane.

People constantly make a big issue about LED's not being as bright when viewed off angle, but the issue is that at such extreme viewing angles you are not directly behind the vehicle you are in another lane and nearly passing it.

Tiger,

I agree that if the lights are not visible they should be banned, but in the case you mentioned, It is probably the Altezza taillight design that is the problem, as well as poorly designed LED lights.

...Rich

Latest posts