Los Angeles 4th of july weekend

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tracster,

There's a lot of interest!

You initiated this, so are you going to run with the ball or hand it off to someone else?

Let's do this thing!:)

I would be willing to help (as are others I bet).:cool:

LtMike,

It's great that you are willing to set this up. The last time a SoCal meet was mentioned, there was interest but since no one (including myself) took control, nothing happened. Thanks!

I would say the weekend after the holiday would be good. Let me know if there is something I can do.

Hello everyone

I emailed tracster and asked if it was ok for me take this meet over. He told me he is very busy right now so I could take the ball. Here goes.

Location: several of you have emailed me about the location and date. I think that bonelli park in San Dimas is a nice place and there is lots of parking right by the water (check out the link above by TRACket Paul). also it is somewhat centrally located and easy to get to. It is located off of the 57 between the 10 and the 210. I think we go with bonelli unless anyone has a better suggestion. let me know.

The date: The weekend after the 4th of july, I think, would be the best time to have this meet. either Saturday July 8th or Sunday July 9th. The meet will be from 10am to about 1pm. I noticed several of you might be working on saturdays and may not be able to attend. I know others may have religious activities happening on sundays and may not be able to attend. I would like as many people to participate as is possible, so I would like to hear about your vote for Saturday or Sunday. hopefully we can get as many people as possible.

Food: I think we can have a potluck, the last couple of meets we had at bonelli we all brought different stuff and we shared. If we all bring something we can have a good time. there are also BBQ pits about 20 feet away from were we park our vehicles. so if anyone wants to bring some hot dogs we can also BBQ.

This is going to be lots of fun. I am getting excited. Its going to be a great time to meet up with old friends and hopefully making lots of new ones. I will send out a mass email hopefully by the end of the week. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. thanks and I hope to see you all very soon

LtMike70

Mike

10AM - 1PM sounds good on either day. Perfect time for me. I'll bring drinks.

Crap, but this means I have to detail the Trac. :p

Thanks for takin the initiative LT.

Last edited by a moderator:
The weekend after the 4th works for me, Sat anytime or Sun after church. I take delivery of my '07 ST on the 3rd. :D Provided the train doesn't derail or something. Even if I don't have the truck yet, I'll still probably be there.

John

Saturday would work out great!!! I have never attended a meet, even though i was only like 1 hour from the proving grounds meet :angry:

If its a potluck let me know what i should bring im a 21 year old guy, the only thing i can make is mac and cheese :lol:

Conrad

Hello All

It looks like 3 for saturday and 2 for sunday. We will keep taking votes until this weekend then we will set the final date. thank you all for participating, it looks like we will have a great turnout for this meet. I am still working on putting together my old email list back together so I can send out a mass email before the end of the week. talk to you all soon

LtMike70

I prefer Sunday, but I'll be there for whichever day is chosen. I will come down the day before either way, so can I get some recommendations on places or areas to stay for two nights?

Mike, Jeff, & Reggie, I'm looking forward to seeing you again. Hopefully your Ladies will also be there.:cool:

I've got an almost new K&N drop-in filter that'll go to the best offer btw (got it for around $50). Will bring to meet if anyone's interested. I may be selling my OEM bra too. Maybe even my stock step bars (I'll think it over). I may have some used window visors sans adhesive and used billet grills. Anyone want stock eggcrate grill?