Michelin Cross Terrains vs. Michelin LTX(A/S,M/S, and M/T)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Knox

Reaction score
Would like the opinion of anyone who has these tires on their Trac or Explorer. I don't do any off roading and I'm trying to decide which one to purchase. I read reviews about the Cross Terrains and for the most part they were pretty good. I called Discount Tire to price them and the salesman at this store recommended the LTX over the Cross Terrain. I felt since he does not own a Trac I should seek the opinion of memebers of this site before making a decision. If you have pictures please post them. You help is greatly appreciated.

Knoc[Broken External Image]:

I had the M/S for 40k on my ST. Probably still had another 40k on them when I took em off. Good tire; good all around traction, but I never tested the snow traction.

I have the Cross Terrains on my 04 [factory tires] and I can honestly say they are the best tires I've ever had on a vehicle in the 40 years I've been driving. Traction is outstanding in all conditions except ice; only studded tires work on ice. 47K miles on them now and still lots of life left.

had the LTX now for about 15,000 miles, great traction, built in siping, and quiet.

I had to change the stock shocks immediately, went with the reflex, stiffer ride but better handling!

Had the LTX M/S for about 70,000 miles now. Will replace before winter, but is the best set of tires I have ever owned.

Latest posts