Might you be a CAR SALESMAN, Psycareyo?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, wish I had such problems as "only making $60k". I have two graduate degrees and work my ass off, and I appreciate every cent I make, but even at my salary I would not have reneged on a deal for $50 more. That was low.

The lesson here is, it has nothing to do with the money.

Not what you make, not the lack of what you make, not the cost of the item...

It simply comes down to right and wrong. In reading the posts and comments, I think it is clear the direction the sale should have happened based on the agreement.

In the future, if you want to sell an item but don't know what to ask for it, advertise it as "best offer" kind of thing...

Yep! sad to be aired on the board, but.

My word is my integrity. I Will always go with my first handshake. Even email wise.

BTW, I live on $24K disability. It wouldnt' matter to me if someone offered me a double price. It is always my first handshake..peace brothers.

If you dont want it or dont like the deal then dont buy it, stop crying

dont bad mouth a forum member who has been on here helping out members for years cuz u guys had a misunderstanding

im 21 telling you to grow up and stop crying

Like I tell my son... "A lot of times it's harder to do the right thing" "But do it anyway!!!"

You should have honored the original deal for $250.00 you agreed to.

That's the bottom line.

bad decision DUDE :sad:

should have kept your word.

as far as mentioning it on the website, it could be used for future reference to a potential buyer.

if you had a bad experience with someone off this board, most would post it to warn others.

so why is this different????

Psycareyo said:
Maybe I should have honored the deal. I'm not passing up $50. I'm not an MD and I only make around $60,000 a year. So $50 is a bunch of cash to me. Espeically after buying two brand new vehicles yesterday. I want every dollar I can get.

Rationalizing bad behavior doesn't make it right. Seems like everyone but you knows what you did was wrong. That alone should tell you that your excuses ring hollow.

Lasik didn't make you buy two new vehicles, you decided to do that. 60k is a boat-load to most in this country. $50 is a lot to me too.

Everything we need to know we learned in kindergarten. We don't use the term anymore in our PC society, but "Indian giver" comes to mind.

Smearing people about it after the fact doesn't solve any problems, either. If the intent was to guage public opinion, the facts could have been presented by Lasik with the names redacted.

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
If I could do it over again I would sell it to him at the price we spoke about. Especially if he told me he was going to post our private conversations on a web forum. Actually, if he said that I would have told him to eat crow. I don't see how this made anything better.

However, I'm not going to lose sleep over it. I don't want to burn any bridges on a site I've really contributed to but...I don't need MYST and MYST doesn't need me. I almost feel bad having contributed $20 to the site. Didn't even get a thank you. Ah well... only 10 decent contributers left to the site anyway. Everyone else is seems to be the e-Thug know-it-all type that just fills forums with fodder.

Lasik, I hope you can accept my appologies. You seem like a cool dude even if you did kinda absolutely ruin 2+ years of my contribution to the site.

Oh and..."Dude." That was for you GAry S. I know how much you like that word and the small joy it brings you. Tool.

You all have my email if you need me. Thanks MYST and peace.

Now after backing out of a deal made, you are going to cry about the bad press. You deserve every bit of it and issues like this SHOULD be aired on the board so other members don't get screwed by whiners like you. Now your going to leave the board because you screwed yourself. I say Goodbye.

:kiss_it:

You SHOULD lose sleep over it. Not losing any sleep just shows you're not sincere in your apology. And if $50 is a lot of money having a $60K income, you shouldn't have bought 2 new cars.

Lasik didn't ruin your 2+ years of contributions to the site, you did by not keeping your word.

Good riddance.

Psycareyo...

"Ah well... only 10 decent contributers left to the site anyway. Everyone else is seems to be the e-Thug know-it-all type that just fills forums with fodder."

You can kiss my ass.... There's still alot of us who really care and respect this site, and i'm sure you're going to hear that from alot of other people also.

I don't want to burn any bridges on a site I've really contributed to but...

one aw sh88 kills ten ata-boys..

I don't need MYST and MYST doesn't need me. I almost feel bad having contributed $20 to the site.

That statement only nulls, apology. There present and past members that have contributed more than $20...talk about being a jerk on the way out. Typical car salesman.

As Thomas said, rationalizing is inceserity. We have lost the days of apologies without the, but...at the end. I hope when I have apologized to the board. I left it at, I screwed up...:toilet: bye bye

While Todd and I will not take sides on the issue I am responding for us on Carey's (Psycareyo) remarks towards us and the site. Not sure why we were brought into this but I have already emailed him and although he will not respond here he said I can use his email in this post.

I don't need MYST and MYST doesn't need me. I almost feel bad having contributed $20 to the site. Didn't even get a thank you.

On 9/20/08 Carey donated $20 through paypal. On 10/1/08 I personally sent him a thank you for his donation and supporting the site. I ALWAYS send a thank you when someone donates and would have responded sooner but was on my honeymoon. The email was sent to his hotmail account and everyone knows how free email accounts can be. It was either lost or went to spam.

As for TJR's comments...

The saddest parts about this is, IMHO, are that:

c) That the admins allowed (are allowing) it to continue.

The reason is we do not get in the middle unless something is illegal or there are threats, attacks or name calling. Lasik did not do any of this. He just posted emails and Carey did not disagree with any of the facts. He was warning others of his situation. We have had posts like this before and of course there will be more after this one.

Thank you,

George

Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2008 3:17 PM

To: '[email protected]' (EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED FOR HIS PRIVACY)

Subject: Thank you for your donation

Carey,

Thank you for your generous donation to mysporttrac.com. It is very much appreciated and it is because of members like you that the site is able to keep going.

Sincerely,

George Curto

The Sport Trac Website

George C,

Respectfully, I do see a slight difference between this notice and some of those in the past on this site.

In the past, the ethics and business dealings of site sponsors and eBay sellers have been brought to question.

I could be wrong, but I think this is one of the first, most visible times a "site member to site member" dispute came up.

I think member-to-member dealings are personal. I also think that the exposure and risk related to some unsuspecting member on the site being burned in the future by another member being warned of (which is the only reason to bring it to our attention and name names, right?) is pretty limited...limited to the point that naming names and making it public has no real "public service" benefit, and only has an "axe to grind" benefit for the poster.

That's why I said what I said. That's how I feel about it. I don't think there was any "public service" value to this thread...just axe grinding and smearing. The smearing started with the title of the thread, which essentially is a punch in the nose. If the admins are okay with such, and don't find that as an attack, then I guess all is fine.

That's my opinion.

TJR

TJR, I agree with you- I was deliberately inflammatory with the title of the post. That was a mistake on my part and did nothing for my case, as I think the facts were sufficient. I do feel that when someone says "everyone would do it", there is an implied right to check that notion, and who better to ask than the membership here- a super bunch of people who share a common interest. For the record, Carey and I have corresponded further and part with mutual respect. Thanks all.

TJR, for your viewing pleasure. Quick search and found 3 posts...

http://www.mysporttrac.com/shared/msgboard9e.asp?BOARDNAME=SWAP&VIEW=1098699&REPLYCOUNT=33&sitename=mysporttrac&LAST=4/6/2008_12:30:22_PM

http://www.mysporttrac.com/shared/msgboard9e.asp?BOARDNAME=MSG&VIEW=963602&REPLYCOUNT=5&sitename=mysporttrac&LAST=9/8/2007_1:10:27_PM

http://www.mysporttrac.com/shared/msgboard9e.asp?BOARDNAME=MSG&VIEW=1212809&REPLYCOUNT=31&sitename=mysporttrac

Latest posts