Monroe Reflex on an '05

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After some confusion about fitment on an '05, I purchased the Monroe Reflex shocks yesterday and installed them last night. I had read all the great reviews about them here but wondered if they would really make that big of a difference. All I can say is "unbelievable"!!! I put them on my 05 Adrenalin, which has 9600 miles on it and it's like driving a whole different vehicle. They majorly cured my wallowing, nose-diving, etc. Absolutely worth every penny!! For the record for any other '05 owners out there, Monroe Reflex part no. 911122 (front) and 911035 (rear) DEFINITELY fit your vehicle.............even though everyone, including Monroe, only list them up to '04 and will tell you they may not work. I found mine at Pep Boys for $51.99 each for the fronts and $55.99 each for the rears. Once again a big thanks to Todd Z for clarifying the issue................I'll never doubt ya again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My next move is an EE rear stabilizer bar............again, even though it's only listed up to '04, can I assume it will fit an '05????

Great to hear you like them!

Just as a note, however, those part numbers are for the 4X4. They will work for the 4X2, but the pictures posted here show what happens if you put the 4X2 on the 4X4.:wacko:

I was one click from buying the swaybar but hesitated because of the message on the home page of ExplorerExpress telling you to call and not buy through the page. Is everyone calling or ordering through the web. I only order on the phone when I absolutely have to.

For a 4x2, the rears are the same; the part number for the fronts is 911177.

Glad you made the change, Rich. I did mine Sunday and couldn't be happier about it too. In fact, I was really happy about it this morning when I had to slam on the brakes & swerve to avoid someone who wasn't paying attention in the lane next to me... my ST handled perfectly.