More Power

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle Keller

Reaction score
Other than Explorerexpress.com, do any of you guys know where a good place to buy aftermarket engine mods. Im looking to add a little more power. Any help is great.

sorry my b boys, I meant like online or if anyone on this sight lives in Marietta, GA a place to go. Im not a huge car guy so i probably wouldnt mess with the ECU. But like headers, exhaust, you know that sort of thing.

the programer is easy my 6 yera old can do it and it will give you more than headers and exhaust in preformance and Wayne is in GA

Headers won't give you much performance gain because the stock headers are already pretty free flowing. Intake, exhaust, XCal flasher, underdrive pulley, and a modified throttle body is a good start for your performance needs. For the intake, I would suggest Explorer Express's MAC Intake, but there are several other sites that sell it. K&N, Airaid, and the Volant are also popular choices.

Several members have had their exhaust changed by local muffler shops. Flowmaster, Magnaflow, and Gibson are some good examples.

The XCal can be purchased from site sponsor Wayne Foy. It's an SCT flasher that improves HP and Torque numbers, firms up shift points, corrects speedo for different sized tires, etc. The UDP can also be purchased from him. He's also located in Georgia.

For the modified TB, contact member Todd Z.

If you do a google search for various items, you'll find tons of websites that sell them for reasonable prices.

Q, it underdrives the accessories power. Odds are, if you're droppin $300 for the pulleys, you'll probably "enjoy" the mod a lot and it won't make a difference.

I agree with most everything that STCTC said except that I recommend either the AEM or Airaid cold air intakes because they use little or no oil to bleed through on to the Mass Air Flow Sensor. If you are not adding much in the way of audio components or doing any towing then go with the underdrive pulley as well.

Hey sport,

A great muffler place in Marietta is G&S Muffler. (they're right in front of Cowboys) I got my dual side exhaust done there.. good guys...

Wayne Lives in GA, Sells all kinds of stuff...

Q, The under drive pulley does not harm any thing, I did ask the question to ford engineers at Louisville. They said since it is only a 20% under drive, It will not harm any thing,,, You would need to go over 25% to cause damage....

www.hypillauto.com

Or you can call him and find out everything you would want...

Todd Z

I say take his word for it. Screw your components....

Unless you're planning on getting one why bother trying to start an arguement. The only complaint I have heard about the pulley is if you try to add it with the supercharger. Otherwise I have yet to hear any problems with it. I did a little research and if you can find anything that states a 20% drop could damage anythng let me know..... cause so far your facts are only heresay as well.

If you can back up your claims I seriously would like to know as I would like to purchase a UDP in the future. I had one on my mustang for 5 years and never ran into problem (mind you that was from 1994-1999.... so its been awhile)

Q...

I have been running underdrive pulleys on my '94 stang for 8yrs..no ill effects on charging or cooling or anything..;)

Q, there is over design in a lot of things...... The stock pulley does overdrive certain accessories and then based on the pulley size on the accessory it can under drive it....

Simply lowering that will not cause Ill effects on it....

I don't even know why I am bothering with you any way.....

Name calling is not appropriate.

Since you KNOW NOTHING about the Sport Trac under drive pulley...

The UDP for the ST is a completely redesigned harmonic dampener. it does replace the stock dampener and pulley with another dampener and pulley. THUS protecting the engine against bad harmonics.

UNLIKE some of the RACING pulley's that should not be street driven, the ST one is 100% safe....

Even the one for my 98 mustang was just a replacement pulley, the stock balancer was left on the engine....

I have no Idea why idiots are replacing the balancer with a solid pulley, but that is plain stupid !!!!!!

And my UDP has been on my ST for 10K miles with no ill effects..

And my mustang went 90K miles before I sold it.

Racing pulley , remove balancer BAD.

Smaller pulley with dampener GOOD..

IN the pic below, you can see the band of rubber on the factory pulley, RIGHT< and it is still on the one on the left. Just slightly smaller... That rubber is the dampener. it saves harmful vibrations from the accessories from damaging the crank and vice versa.

Also spinning the accessories slower reduces strain on the engine, saving parts from stress thus adding life to your engine and it's components...

Todd Z

Does that answer it ???

Todd Z[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator: