MOTORCYCLE IN BED

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vern k 2

Reaction score
this is my first post, and previous searches have turned up nothing

I am looking for pictures of anyone who hauls a motorcycle in the bed of the truck.

If it can haul my VTX or Magna, it would mean i dont have to buy a pick-me-up truck.

thanks

Measure in 2 inches from the back of the tailgate to the inside of the front of the bed.

Then measure from the front of the motorcycle tire to the where the rear tire touches the ground. If the bike length is shorter or the same, it will fit no problem...

Todd Z

cantex, there were a few threads about this before but anyway, I have a dirtbike that barely fits in the back of the ST. Not sure how to post pictures but if you want I can email it to you.

I would place the front tire to one side of the bed and angle the bike to the other. The back tire will sit on the tailgate and I doubt you will be able to use the bed extender.

Marc

I live in Canada just picked up BMW R1000RT with fairings etc from California, with tail gate down no problem,only loered rear 1/2 in,in fact the truck handled better with the weight,

I've hauled my BMW in it as well. Measure as Todd stated if you plan to use the extender, if not, the rear bike wheel can sit at the edge of the gate, mine does. I use four tie-downs on the bike, plus a fifth one across the bed in lieu of the extender.

:lol: Chops.

I've never had any trouble fitting my bike in the Trac.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Sometimes I do leave the tailgate down so people can see it. ;)

Motorcycle in bed?

I love my HD, but I have my limitations

I'm with ya Chops. My hubby is love with his HD, but if I can't have the Sport Trac in bed then the Road King gets the basement.

Fred,

Those pictures you posted looks like you are taking a picture of a model Trac and a you put a toy motorcycle in the bed.

Tom

:lol:

The 'motorcycle' is actuallly a 49cc minibike that I got my nephew for his 7th birthday. Gave it to him this past Saturday. He's laid it down twice already, didn't get hurt though. I can hear him laughing while he's riding. :D