My new to me sport trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The squeak is coming from the body bushings. I replaced them all with OEM rubber but some are using composite bushings that don’t wear as quickly.
Actually found the source of the clunk and squeak. It was the left lower ball joint and the lca bushings.

Well the 5mm wheel spacers moves the wheels out just enough to get about 1/8" clearance between front tires and uca/balljoints. I personally dislike spacers, they are a bit finicky about tightening torque and sequence, but its just temporary till i get the new shocks and rear shackles. I decided not to go with the torch key & add a leaf. Truck rides rough enough without stiffening up the rear further. So im just going to do the torsion twist and 2" shackles with rancho lifted shocks. Should be more than enough to clear 265/75r16s. Not lifting it for offroading, im a big guy and just want it to be easier to get in and out of.

I have used spacers for years on my jeeps with zero issues, as long as you check torque, just like new wheels they work great. I am taking my lift off and putting it back to stock for easier use and looking to run a little above stock tires and stock wheels like you mentioned.

Well the 5mm wheel spacers moves the wheels out just enough to get about 1/8" clearance between front tires and uca/balljoints. I personally dislike spacers, they are a bit finicky about tightening torque and sequence, but its just temporary till i get the new shocks and rear shackles. I decided not to go with the torch key & add a leaf. Truck rides rough enough without stiffening up the rear further. So im just going to do the torsion twist and 2" shackles with rancho lifted shocks. Should be more than enough to clear 265/75r16s. Not lifting it for offroading, im a big guy and just want it to be easier to get in and out of.
I’m running that size tires with my 2004 with only new aftermarket leaf springs and running the torsion bars up to level it. The ride is smooth and there’s no problems with alignment.

Latest posts