My seat is locked up and won’t slide

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
My drivers seat is locked up and won’t slide. I tried spraying some oil on the parts that are not lifting completely. The piece with the pins that lock in the track on the right side does not lift evenly or completely. I think removal of the seat will give me access to better inspect what’s honing on. How is the seat removed? It doesn’t appear obvious

I need to take a harder look but, I think that the seat also has 4 bolts that appear to be similar to carriage bolts but the head is flat. That would gain me access to the fwd/reverse adjustments that has the malfunction

I went ahead and pulled the whole seat. The locking mechanism is two pins in either side that raise and lower in a small block that rides in the track. Each block is held in place by two roll pins. Three of the pins were missing. One block would raise in its entirety while the other would rotate on the one pin. Also these roll pins are not of the standard variety with the split that provides tension. I replaced all four and I’m good to go

Latest posts