NEED A BRAKE JOB/SHOCKS !!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Knox

Reaction score
I am new to the Charlotte N.C. area and I'm looking for a reliable shop to do a brake job and shocks on the Trac. All suggestions are welcome. I've went through two sets of FORD pads and needless to say I was not happy with the performance.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
When you do it, upgrade to the 04 pads. As I under stand it, they fit right in but have a larger braking surface.

I have read where several others here have done that.

I never keep a vehicle long enough to put on the first set of brakes so I can not tell you from experiance...

Actually, you are probably better off buying high quality aftermarket brake pads like Raybesto, Wagner, etc.

...Rich

knoc, any way of doing them yourself? Niether is hard to do but of you don't have the equipment (nothing special just wrenches) that's understandable. Really though they are not really hard to do.;)

The last couple times I put brakes on I used NAPA Ceramix pads. A lot of shops will have a NAPA sign, so you can ask a NAPA store what shops use their parts.

The Ceramix pads have good feel and very little dust and I've not had a problem with them wearing out.

Latest posts