New 2nd gen sport Trac limited owner

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi my name is Richard from Peterborough, Ontario, Canada. I’m in my early 50’s and I just bought a 2007 sport Trac limited( my first Trac). It’s cherry red metallic, 177k Km’s, 2tone black and grey interior with nav system.
I want to do a few things to it and wonder if anyone has some ideas.
1. Euro style tail lights-do any other vehicles have interchangeable tail lights with 2nd gen trace?
2. Any ideas on turning the limited into an adrenaline look alike. (Body mouldings for running boards, front fenders, front lower bumper)
3. 20” Adrenalin wheels
Thanks Richard

Attachments

• E1F282F7-6CD9-418B-AD44-16447A964BE0.jpeg
    E1F282F7-6CD9-418B-AD44-16447A964BE0.jpeg
    152.9 KB · Views: 111
  • 5775A7DF-DBFC-4018-B8C2-D34ECD9B1E5C.jpeg
    5775A7DF-DBFC-4018-B8C2-D34ECD9B1E5C.jpeg
    155.2 KB · Views: 102
  • E5887DBA-1D93-43A6-A0AC-6A0CF47D75FA.jpeg
    E5887DBA-1D93-43A6-A0AC-6A0CF47D75FA.jpeg
    144.6 KB · Views: 111
I don't think that's normally a color I'd like, but that looks really good on that truck!

I'm new here, too, so can't offer any suggestions. But I think the 2nd-gen tail-lights look really good; at least that's part of what drew me to the vehicle. I'm also wanting to steal all I can to upgrade to the Adrenaline looks. That's about the best-looking truck I've ever seen.

I don't think that's normally a color I'd like, but that looks really good on that truck!

I'm new here, too, so can't offer any suggestions. But I think the 2nd-gen tail-lights look really good; at least that's part of what drew me to the vehicle. I'm also wanting to steal all I can to upgrade to the Adrenaline looks. That's about the best-looking truck I've ever seen.
Ya I like the Adrenalin too. Beautiful looking truck. In my area finding any ST’s is a challenge. They are scarce and usually come with high dollar price and higher mileage.
Mine happened to come up at our only Ford dealership in as is condition sale. The km’s were lower than most I had seen before in Toronto, as was the price plus I made a fairly good deal so I jumped in to the ST world.
Have only driven it a bit so far as it still needs mechanical work. It’s getting new driveshaft, wheel hub and manifold( 1broken bolt of course) right now. I replaced the rotors and pads (cross drilled rotors and ceramic pads - really like them so far). It will get a new performance muffler next

nice trac, had a new dark red back in 07 and put 20 inch black wheels and tinted the front and looked so different, did not care for it so i sold it and lady wanted stock wheels back on it but it changed the look, is was 4x4 so a little more aggresive tires were on wheels i will see if i can find the before and after pics but wished i would of kept it now that i am older. not sure the legality of tint in your part of world but making front look closer to rear is a game changer on looks.

I am going to tint the front side windows just one shade lighter than the back windows (which would be legal here). I do like that look.
I am planning to black things out on this ST. Just ordered a gloss black mesh grill. I’ve got some amber led lights for the grill for that raptor like look.
Also going to black out the inside of the headlights. Got new led bulbs coming for the headlights and fog lights. Also planning on some round fog lights in a black bezel that should look similar to the Adrenalin fogs. Spray tint for the taillights.
Also looking for some 20 inch rims that I’ll paint in gloss black( maybe with some silver accents
I’m not a fan of chrome so I hope this will dress up the look of my truck. Might even consider a colour change paint job later on down the road. The hood has some pretty bad scratches so new paint would be nice.

Curtis James I’d love to see some pics of that 07 you once had! Hopefully you find them.
Sounds like it was similar to what I have planned for this one.
The cherry metallic was certainly not my first colour choice but not the worst either. Would have liked black, silver or charcoal grey

the build sounds great, mine was a dark red kind of burgandy but not like yours, i like your color and black will stick out with it. i will find the pics. the wheels i gave to a friend that had a explorer sport 02, and his was silver but it changed his look with just wheels. todd z has a really clean but mean looking grill on his 2010 trac that ya might look at, has that raptor look.

Nice I’ll check it out. Love these forums where we can exchange ideas, info and experiences about these trucks!
I’ve liked the ST’s for some time now so it’s nice to finally have one.
From what I’ve read they are great vehicles and hold value due to their limited run making them more rare than say, an f150!

We have a 2008 S/T Limited, in the same color. Ours has the light colored seats, and is a V6. Bought it when I worked for FORD. It had 100,332 miles on it when we bought it, it now has 114,xxx on it . Luv the truck. The color is sharp when it's washed and waxed. It's my wifes work truck.

Enjoy it !!!

Speaking of grille/bumper holes...could never understand why Ford would UNfinish the front end like that. I meshed all 5 holes and it looks like it should...although i realize it doesnt really show in these pictures with the lighting. Do not remember if i got the mesh from Amazon or Ebay. Took of the Black grille and installed completely around each hole opening...instructions on You-Tube. You can also see a Lip that i just recently installed from Amazon.

Attachments

• IMG_20210721_122958.jpg
    IMG_20210721_122958.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_20210721_123023.jpg
    IMG_20210721_123023.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_20210721_123800.jpg
    IMG_20210721_123800.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 89
We have a 2008 S/T Limited, in the same color. Ours has the light colored seats, and is a V6. Bought it when I worked for FORD. It had 100,332 miles on it when we bought it, it now has 114,xxx on it . Luv the truck. The color is sharp when it's washed and waxed. It's my wifes work truck.

Enjoy it !!!
Thank you so much! Looking forward to working on it!

Speaking of grille/bumper holes...could never understand why Ford would UNfinish the front end like that. I meshed all 5 holes and it looks like it should...although i realize it doesnt really show in these pictures with the lighting. Do not remember if i got the mesh from Amazon or Ebay. Took of the Black grille and installed completely around each hole opening...instructions on You-Tube. You can also see a Lip that i just recently installed from Amazon.
That does complete that grill. I agree about why they would not have put the same mesh style grid in all the grill openings.
I ordered a gloss black mesh grill that only has the 2 openings. I just checked out the grill Todd Z put on his black ST with the Ford lettering and it looks pretty sweet. He used the same grill I believe and added the Ford lettering like the Raptor style grill. I may do that as well. Gonna see how it looks with just the black grill and the amber grill lights that I have.

1627233823681.png
not the best pic but there is both my tracs in 07 my white is now silver, from google earth in 07.

i have way better pics but recently moved so packed. i did a couple sets of tires trying to get larger more aggressive look without rubbing. i ordered a 07 before release based on prototype pics but did not like after getting it and looked nothing like fords prototype.

and as far as air bags i had some installed back 04 with on board compressor and to this day they work amazing and moved my gauge many times and no leaks, i run 50 psi running around but with trailer i boost to 80ish and it will change my lift about a 2 inches from 0 to 80, not a bumpy ride either.

That does complete that grill. I agree about why they would not have put the same mesh style grid in all the grill openings.
I ordered a gloss black mesh grill that only has the 2 openings. I just checked out the grill Todd Z put on his black ST with the Ford lettering and it looks pretty sweet. He used the same grill I believe and added the Ford lettering like the Raptor style grill. I may do that as well. Gonna see how it looks with just the black grill and the amber grill lights that I have.
BTW... also from Toronto...Cloverdale Mall area

Latest posts