New-to-me

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IMG_20210210_134812_01.jpg

So I bought this yesterday. 2010 Sport Trac Adrenalin with the 4.6. It is insanely immaculate for age and has only 77,000 miles. Drives like new. I love this thing so far! So give me knowledge...what to look out for, what to be aware of, etc. TIA

nice find, i had a 07 with the v8 and put a programmer to change shift points and did a intake which took away that light hessitation i had but never quite liked it as much as my older trac it felt like a car to me, anyway the programmer changed it and it felt better, my wifes friend had it for 9 years and i think she did some brakes a few times that was her only complaint it ran great for her. i now wished i kept it as there harder to find. mine was 4wd and i put rims and more aggressive tires and intake exhaust and programmer and it looked way cool like yours. minus the adrenalin.

View attachment 1493

So I bought this yesterday. 2010 Sport Trac Adrenalin with the 4.6. It is insanely immaculate for age and has only 77,000 miles. Drives like new. I love this thing so far! So give me knowledge...what to look out for, what to be aware of, etc. TIA
Great Find! I hope you love it as much as I do mine. 130k miles no issues at all

I have a 2010 STA at 110,000 now. Black
Wheel Bearings around 100,000 Listen for them.
Water pump around the same, do radiator while your in there.
I had a EVAP code, turned out to be connector under the hood on the evap module. ( ford took me for a ride figuring that one out )
I had a transmission code saying transmission could not talk to the CPU and the car would go into "limp mode", Turned out to be a loose harness at transmission.
Spare tire rusted a bit lost air had to have rim scraped and cleaned and tire remounted.
Changed the actuator for the blend door for passneger side heating. ( not a bad repair a bit tight ) ( 100,000 )
quirky things.

I have a 2010 STA at 110,000 now. Black
Wheel Bearings around 100,000 Listen for them.
Water pump around the same, do radiator while your in there.
I had a EVAP code, turned out to be connector under the hood on the evap module. ( ford took me for a ride figuring that one out )
I had a transmission code saying transmission could not talk to the CPU and the car would go into "limp mode", Turned out to be a loose harness at transmission.
Spare tire rusted a bit lost air had to have rim scraped and cleaned and tire remounted.
Changed the actuator for the blend door for passneger side heating. ( not a bad repair a bit tight ) ( 100,000 )
quirky things.
My driver side front hub assembly starter to growl at 95K miles. 300 miles from home.
A $50 part on Amazon. Les Schwab fixed for $450.00 this month.
Painful to the soul be at the mercy of other mechanics.

My driver side front hub assembly starter to growl at 95K miles. 300 miles from home.
A $50 part on Amazon. Les Schwab fixed for $450.00 this month.
Painful to the soul be at the mercy of other mechanics.
I got my hubs and new rotors from a company called detroit axle. I have to say, super impressed. Like 2 hundred bucks, got the two rotors, a set of pads, a can of brake clean, a can of brake fluid and the two front hubs. Made in america and i have 5000 miles or so on them and perfect so far. Knock wood.

I got the same brand brake rotor and purchased the ceramic pads.
Won't trun my rims red with brake dust.
Got the new ebrake pads and hardware as well.
When I do the rears I'll check the rear bearings. Almost at 100k. Thanks for the tip!

Oh, and the stock Adrenaline wheels are quite fetching. I just prefer the Edge Sport wheels, 22" is what I'm looking for. But looking at what you have there, they're very good looking.

Sure is a beauty
I would change the plugs right away if they have not been done including new boots , service the tranny, clean the throttle body. My front hubs were shot at 120000 miles but that was a cheap fix under $400 CDN (my neighbor is a mechanic so he did them for me) saved a ton of money. Beware of the exhaust manifolds they tend to be a PITA as they are a bitch to replace the gaskets. Other than that adding 20" wheels and tires to my 07 LTD, a new grill as the old one was starting to bubble haven't had a problem with my Gen2.

Are ya'll changing your own plugs/caps? I have always changed them on vehicles past, but on my '08 (and I expect their the same on all of the 4.6's), they're a two-piece spark-plug design, and it seems they're almost DESIGNED to break off inside the head. I have only owned mustangs since 1992, but these 4.6, 3-valve V-8's have a booger-bear of a spark-plug design.

I changed them out, myself, on my '05 Mustang GT. BUT - they're KNOWN to want to break off. They're about a foot-and-a-half long design, and are garbage!

My mechanic that I have do all maintenance (not my performance guy) charged me almost $800 to replace all plugs/caps on this '08 ST. It's because of the 2-piece design of the plug, and their propencity to break off in the head. I had him change them all to the one-piece design, and new caps. The parts were about $650. He charged me $150 to change them, which I thought fair, given the gamble of them breaking off while changing.

I'm just wondering what you guys have ran across while doing the same. I now have a 100% awesome running truck (but I've JUST NOW acquired a pull-to-the-right issue. Lower ball joints. :(

What all did he do besides the plugs and boots? for $800?
Plugs cost me $212.50 CDN and the boots were $48. Not sure how the parts cost $600
$150 for labor was spot on as that is what my mech charged me.
As for the pulling to the right I would look at alignment first as mine was doing the same thing. Took it to the shop for an alignment they wouldn't do it cause the front hubs were shot. Replaced the hubs $500 and new alignment drives like new.
Something is fishy here as the 2010's had a one piece plug. 07 to 09 had the 2 piece plugs.

2010 does not have the plugs that snap...…
Change the radiator cap to a 2003 Sport trac 4.0 cap ASAP... its 16lb.... the factory 20 is way too high... Causes the top of the radiator to crack and leak...….

Check all bearings, drive shaft carrier bearing, check all fluids and change them... Just because it only has 77K that fluid is dam near 11 years old !!! change ALL filters, air and fuel....

Latest posts